Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Voice Control

Think it would be a great help to introduce a voice control for the app version.

Doesn't really need to be anything too extravagant just commands like 'Skip Track' or 'Pause/Play' etc.

Would be really useful on car journey's for instance!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2016-01-15

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

agrol123

I would love to have this as a feature

DV55

PLEASE add this.. Every music app should by default have this nowadays! (Thanks for the music though Spotify!)

Alpione1

You can do some of this with Google Now for Android.  However, it's very basic.  Just specific songs and bands.  It would be great to enable playlists over this as well, along with basics like "Shuffle".  Apple Music has this over Siri and it's great. 

A

langkalle

yes, this would really be useful, please add a system for choosing playlists.

it could be specific numbers for the lists you want to be able to coos when you are riding your bike or driveing your car.

mmethyhu

I'm an app developer and I just released an app that integrates voice commands for Spotify! It's free and can be downloaded at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tmacstudios.spotifyvoice

I plan on updating it with more features in the future, but right now it allows you to play songs, artists, playlists, and albums by just speaking to the app! 

JeffSoh

+1 here. 

Gait

Also on Android TV: no voice search!

the-messenger

Voice command is a must.  Without this I have to maintain Iphone music and I listen more when I'm driving than not.

This is a great idea. I was actually a little suprised to see there is almost no info on this topic on google. I must confess I often change music while driving but this is little dangerous to do (just now in England driver killed few people and was sentenced for 10 years -> reason ? Changing music while driving. )

Voice control would be amazing!!!