Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Oculus][Other] Spotify for Oculus Rift & Quest VR Platform

It would be really cool to have two of my favourite things for entertainment join forces.......

My Oculus Quest (or Rift) and Spotify.

It would give users the very unique ability to see Spotify in such a different way and have access to their library and playlists in a whole new amazing way. That would make it enjoyable to manage, listen to and curate playlists. 

Not only that, it would then give users the ability to link Spotify to certain apps and games within Oculus allowing them to stream Spotify music while playing games or apps in VR. With a surround sound experience to accompany amazing visual content. Virtual Reality Oculus is amazing and it's made by Facebook, I could only imagine what could be possible if Spotify was to integrate also....

There is also an app called Tribe which is an amazing DJing VR app, there is even potential to pay a special membership for using Spotify for Oculus and being able to use the songs on the virtual decks only while using VR as to not infringe copyrights etc etc.

I think there is so much potential in this especially in these down dark times of Coronavirus where we are all stuck at home in lockdowns etc. And are turning to VR or remote platform to work, live play and entertain ourselves and our families while at home. While keeping each other and our world as safe as we can with Social distancing. 

Spotify for Oculus VR........ I reckon it's a winner, please bring it on!

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Elena
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-08-23

Hey @DJ-MastaJ,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

This sounds like a repost of this idea.

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

PeytonCrafty1

Maybe they could have a special feature exclusive to VR, like a sound visualizer or something. That would be cool.

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 180 votes in 6 months! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Mihail
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

Noahneumark

I would add that the Spotify should make their app a virtual listening room with head tracked binaural audio, and some adjustments for speaker positioning, hrtf customizations, and room modeling (room size, reflections etc). It would be amazing if you could make it multiplayer so we can listen to music with others.

itsairnd

i have quest 2 and REALLY want to listen to music while playing games

BarryBuzzBee

Spotify on VR? yes please!

This may also be asking for a bit too much but having some Jack Kirby-esque visualizations during playback would be an awesome addition too.

Karlroe

This would be brilliant as a vr social app and player the idea of being able to interact with other apps too would be fantastic Spotify needs a vr presence sooner rather than later. Vr has a decent and established user base now we meed something like Spotify there is so much potential.