Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Option to sort songs in a playlist from highest streamed song to the lowest

When you find a playlist that you seem to like, it would be nice to be able to sort the songs from highest streamed to lowest streamed. For me personally that would be a nice way to find new favorite songs: if there are popular songs in a playlist that I’n interested in, that I haven’t heard of before, I should give them a special listen. 

Updated on 2022-03-03

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Xenia
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-11-09

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a New Suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

You might also be interested in voting for this related idea.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

maralxx

Hi! Also a suggestion regarding sorting playlists: let us choose if we want the latest added songs on the top or bottom. Because they’re automatically at the bottom now

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-11-21

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

msange18

or we could sort the playlist by artist or like you said our most to least streamed songs

Novy
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2022-03-03

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Marmot73

We need this. This would revolutionize playlists as completionists attempt to find bigger and bigger lists for "Most streamed all time". It would make something that takes 8-9 hours to update, and unrealistic to update daily, to something that can be updated in one click.

Captainos92

I request that the songs on playlists that people make can be sorted by the amount of streams each song has. This should be relatively straightforward. It would enhance some people's experiences, as well as add a little bit of flair, and if someone is trying to listen to each of the songs in their playlists in order of popularity, this would be a great way to complete this.

ScottK2000

Yeah, please make this happen. Two reasons: First, I would like to be able to sort an artist’s songs by plays, out of curiosity mostly. Second, I have five or six playlists where I order by play count, so I have to check this manually periodically to update.

Mainely80s

I'd like to take this idea to another level.  I'd like to see songs on my playlist ranked in order by total streams in the last week, month, year, or even all time.  I have some pretty old songs ('80s) on my playlist, but I'd like to see how often these songs are still relevant and popular today, and which ones are the most currently popular within a genre.  This would be fun to track from week to week, particularly when an old song gets some mainstream attention.  (Kate Bush's "Running Up That Hill" comes to mind, when Stranger Things started airing it.)  

Alsi28

I've been trying to find a way to order the songs in my playlist by streams for many months now but I have to do it manually. I think this option would be very useful for fans that want to give more streams/recognition to songs that doesn't have much. As part of the BTS fandom (ARMY), and kpop fan in general, this could help us a lot. Thank you! 💜