Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnership] Add Sign-in with Google for Existing Spotify Users

Thanks, Spotify, for adding a Sign-in with Google button option. However, only new Spotify users creating a new account can currently use this feature. There is no current way to port over an existing Spotify account with all its great listening history and fine tuned song preferences into a new Spotify account. This leaves existing Spotify users with the only way to use this feature being to create a brand new Spotify account. Could you extend the Sign-in with Google feature to prior existing Spotify accounts, so that every Spotify user who wishes to can use it?

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that you can now add your Google login to an existing Spotify account. More info on this here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Xenia
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2021-01-16

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We’ve gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Others can now vote on it and add to the conversation to show their support.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Connect to Google without password is now available but I have an older account and there is no option to use that feature.To use that feature I need to sign up new account.Add an option to connect to Google for older subscribers, just like there's a option to Connect to Facebook.

prosto_sanja

Google sign in was implemented because it was proposed as a community idea. Hence it is quite simple to understand that most people who requested that are already spotify members, and did not get the desired result from current implementation. 
And on the side note, it is already possible to link apple account to existing spotify one, so i cant imagine this being that hard.

trahojen

I hope this feature gets implemented soon. Two-factor authentication for my Spotify account, yes please!

captainjman2

Let's get this rolling, very poor current implantation.  I would be embarrassed if I was the person that signed off on the currently implantation. 

+1 for this. Plenty of other websites support linking and unlinking of accounts like Google, Facebook, Apple etc after sign-up, this should be an option in account settings. The only work around right now is to create a new account, cancel the old subscription and transfer everything over.

donaldhino

If the user's email is the same as their gmail it should be pretty straightforward to link them. In my case my email is my gmail, so it should be pretty easy to use the Google IDP for authentication. If the user's email is the same as they use for authenticating with any of the other IDPs, it is should be fairly easy to link the accounts. If the Devs tell you otherwise, they are telling fibs.

USSBarb

Can we make this happen "connect already existing spotify account to google" - it should be pretty easy (like many people already stated  above , and mentioned). Specially if someone (like me) has: equal email address for mail, and spotify.

2020-10-03 194821.png

Need connect (G) mail w/ already existing spotify account; without creating new spotify account. 

TiberiusReign

This idea now has TRIPLE the number of votes of the original idea. Please implement!

Slapzlol

Need more votes