Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnership] SDK for Video Game Integration

Similar to the move onto game consoles, why not connect with the game development community, 2 months free then forced premium. In-game music in GTA V or whatever complimented with spotify of your personal liking whith the game music code managing when/where/volume to avoid destroying the feel when conversation and such starts. It would allow for an aging game to still have fresh audio, maybe lock to original games music "radio" selection.

Seems like a way for all involved to win.

Updated on 2019-07-12

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

As a heads up, you can follow these links to find out how to listen to Spotify while you play on Xbox and Playstation.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2015-12-05

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search. This is a repost of the following inactive idea. You may also be interested in this idea.

Flello93

This would be amazing! 

Eneded up here from the Beat Hazard / Audisurf compatability inactive post from a while back. Would love to have spotify work with Beat Hazard 2 and other musical games such as Audiosurf and the upcoming Thumper - Link http://store.steampowered.com/app/356400 

To be honest I hadn't thought about integration to games like GTA but it would be absolutely brilliant. Along with all racing games and possbily MOBAS too!

The idea to require premium makes sense, to include a few months with high end games would be a great way to entice more subscribers but also it could require DLC for smaller games and still require a premium account as a lot of the people who would want to use spotify will already be premium subscribers. 

I'd even pay a higher membership fee if spotify had integration to a range of games. A gamer package maybe, could be across platform too! Would work out well with the game developers - to get them some of the spotify crowd as well as for spotify to get them some of the games crowd.

I for one would really like it if this was possible. 
I think game developers can work with the Spotify API already to integrate it with their game (Guessing it would be lots of extra work for the developer!) So if spotify could maybe come up with something to make it easier to implement it into a game, taking the above example with GTA V, it would work out very well for both games and spotify! 

Wish I could give more +1s...

Breckyfast
Guess this is never going to happen. It kind of makes me realise having spotify in the long run probably isn't going to be worth it so I can keep all my music and play games with it.
ibrokemypie
yeeeeep they ignored it
meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey @gottfridsson we don't have plans for this one. We're marking it as "Not Right Now". Please know this idea is still open for more votes and comments though. We'll continue to pass this feedback on our teams if it keeps growing, thanks!

A very polite way of saying "Nah, we're not wasting time with that".

gottfridsson

I'd say it's sad. It's an opprotunity for spotify to "force" more premium users. And depending on contract with developers will increase goodwill. Not for me to comment on how other people run their business but it do seems sad that the common denominator in this isn't willing to take the reins. I do guess it's possible for individual game devs to make a deal, but to my mind it's the wrong way around, this should be offered from spotify.

TomatoPhalanges

I think this feature would be excellent. Currently I have to use roundabout methods to access my music in music games, since I've almost entirely moved over to Spotify nowadays. It's a shame, because I always discover new and interesting music that makes me think, "This would be FUN in Audiosurf 2" as well as a desire to marathon run a full playlist or something. Neither of those desires are currently achievable without complicated efforts of finding the same tracks external to Spotify and obtaining them, and then creating folders of music on my computer to play through the way I would use a playlist.

Please consider commitment to this as a project, it would be incredibly well-received from the gaming community, a group that can be exceptionally fickle at times.

beebahboo

Still hopelessly waiting.

lisbone

I am still waiting!