Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnership] Spotify for KaiOS

With the Nokia 8810 being released in a couple of months, it would be excellent to have spotify running on this device. Furthermore, KaiOS is currently running on roughly 30million devices worldwide and growing. 

Updated on 2019-09-06

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 1000 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment. We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance.

The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
blackjackdavey

Agreed. Would love to have spotify on Kai OS. 

Sidekickceo

I love the 8810 but won’t buy it without Spotify. Can’t go back to carrying multiple devices and gotta have the music!

Percinger

My first search was to know if KaiOS could run Spotify.  

Just do it please. 

mutableQ

totally ready to switch to an 8810 as long as Spotify is on it.

Dürt

I sure hope they release something for the 8810. Trying to leave smartphones. The 8810 will have all the necessary apps (search, maps), Spotify would seal the deal for this phone.

Monochromeses

I'm the same. Would be so great to have a phone with all the practical options, like spotify, maps etc, and none of the time wasting ones. 

Dürt

Could turn your old disconnected smartphone into just a Spotify device I assume. Having two devices instead of one doesnt seem to be simplifying to me, but the benefits of a practical feature phone like the 8110 are worth it. I still hope they release something for KaiOS, it seemed like a fairly large group of users.

Nickfernando78

Spotify on the 8810 4G and other Kai OS devices would be amazing. Given that 30 million stat, even a few thousand users going premium would cover development and maintenance costs. Also, as those users transition to Android or iOS smartphones they will take their subscription or membership with them.

That’s a better pipeline that just ads and retargeting and creates a higher likelihood of strong customer lifetime value.

I’m getting an 8810 4G to deal with my screen addiction, taking my Spotify premium to it would be perfect.

Dürt

Let's hope they bring the 8810 to the US.

blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-03-09

Marked as new idea.