Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Adjust Audio Speed of Podcasts (1.5x or 2x)

I have just discovered podcasts in the Spotify mobile app and as an avid podast fan I'm delighted to finally see this feature!

I would love to be able to alter the speed of a podcast, to play at 1.5X or 2X the default speed as per the default apple podcast app I currently use.

As many podcasts I listen to are very long (up to 2 hours), until such time as the playback speed can be altered I will use the apple podcast app to listen to podcasts.

Updated on 2019-07-04

Hey folks! 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

Podcast speed controls should now be available across all devices. You can play at speeds of 0.5x, 0.8x, 1x, 1.5x, 2x and 3x. 

The desktop controls can be found in the bottom right corner and the controls on mobile can be found to the right of the play button, when you're playing a podcast. 

Thanks!

Comments
pierre_swe

Definately a deal breaker for me, not having this feature. Some podcast now is exclusive for Spotify but that's their loss. Back to Pocket Casts for me. 

delocreative

Smart speed would be nice too. 

pedantique

Strange that Spotify spent so much on podcast content companies, but then has a lousy Podcast listening experience!

pierre_swe

@pierre_swe wrote:

Definately a deal breaker for me, not having this feature. Some podcast now is exclusive for Spotify but that's their loss. Back to Pocket Casts for me.

Well, well, well, since a couple of weeks ago, I now can select play speed for podcasts. Not all increments in speed are availvable but some are 1.2x, 1.5x and 2x, which I believe should satisfy most needs. Thank you Spotify!
TomLegend
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-07-04

Hey folks! 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

Podcast speed controls should now be available across all devices. You can play at speeds of 0.5x, 0.8x, 1x, 1.5x, 2x and 3x. 

The desktop controls can be found in the bottom right corner and the controls on mobile can be found to the right of the play button, when you're playing a podcast. 

Thanks!

john5957

I don’t see the control to speed up audio  when I’m liwtening to a book?   I recently found some really good Heinlein audio books and need them to be read faster than normal in order to keep my concentration.  

Thank

Arcus

Can this be implemented for all functions of Spotify, like songs? (I find it fun to listen to songs at 1.5x speed)

BradleyJay383

Love the speed up feature but I'm concerned that when I cast to a speaker the podcast defaults to 1x.  Is this something I'm missing in settings?

retko

Hi, thanks for good improvements. Could you add 2.25x 2.5x 2.75x speed options. It is hard to jump from 2x speed to 3x in one step. Thank you.

Skellingtor97

I would also really like more speed options! On Pocket Casts I can change dynamically to any value from 0.5x to 3x (like say 0.7x, 1.6x, or 2.5x for example). Also, a trim silence option like Pocket Casts also has would be great too.