Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Automatically save offline new Podcasts and remove completed Podcasts

Add the ability to have a podcast you follow automatically downloaded and deleted once you've listened to it all the way through.

Updated on 2022-12-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on all platforms. Our developers have worked their magic backstage and made this possible now! 

The frequency of removal of episodes can be adjusted from the cogwheel icon in "Your episodes". 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
dguillaume

@Fidgitnz "go to a show, hit settings icon and there is now “Auto Download Episodes” to download future episodes as they drop.  You can set how many episodes get kept (default 3). "

What platform, App version are you using? I can't see that on Windows or Android?

Fidgitnz

@dguillaume - sorry good point, I forgot to say.  This was specifically with regards to iOS, version 8.7.68.568.

bla251

Is this really still broken?  How is anyone supposed to listen to podcasts if you can't download them all on wifi?

admarko

@Fidgitnz - I'm specifically on iOS version 8.7.68.568 but the only option I see in the gear/settings icon is `Manage > Mark as played`

MarcArnold

I'm still using PlayerFM because of this missing feature in Spotify. Pleeeaaase add this feature. 

b-emcee

Need this feature please!

mkapic

One more reason to stick with other podcasting apps.

Nospamgorecycle

Thanks to these comments I’m switching to Deezer. Problem now solved. 

norgeek

Set it to auto download episodes a week ago, now I'm abroad without wifi and it didn't download a single episode. Why is this difficult in 2022?

Lyubka
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2022-12-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on all platforms. Our developers have worked their magic backstage and made this possible now! 

The frequency of removal of episodes can be adjusted from the cogwheel icon in "Your episodes". 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.