Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Profile] Reset Taste Profile / History

Please allow for a reset option, so you can start all over again with a clean sheet.

For now, you have to start over with an entirely new account to do just that. And for that you need to contact Customer Support. Not very convenient.

Updated on 2020-02-26

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
dj_gasm

Your last update was almost exactly 2 years ago at 1000 votes. It's since added ~2200 more, with many more comments and 'likes' to those comments. (Edit: there are also quite a few similar threads that ask for the same thing, each with decent votes). People want this, and honestly Spotify's reply was downright tone-deaf and dismissive.

(Edit 2: Making a new account just to reset your taste profile is absurd primarily because you lose all of your playlists. I guess you could make all of them collaborative and the new account could adjust them. But even still, it's so easy to mess up a taste profile that that new account could be tainted, requiring yet another new account. And there are many things one would not want to lose but would be forced to when starting a new account).

There are so many totally understandable ways that a user can inadvertently mess up their discover weekly-- a feature that makes this particular service so attractive. (Anecdotally, it's what got me to switch). They shouldn't have to go into private mode to preserve their suggestions (which doesn't even fully resolve that), and they should definitely not have to ***make a whole new account*** in order to do so. At the very least an option to start the suggestion algorithm fresh would add so much value to this app. Another level of detail could be "clear last 24 hours,  7 days, last 30 days, etc.", or even more granular to song-by-song basis.

The writing is on the wall. Just add this functionality.

rpangelastro

The arrogance of Spotify re this issue is insulting to its users and subscribers.  I will never give them a nickel until I can control my own music.

anneleenscholts

I really need this. I don't know what happened but my discover weekly seems completely broken. For months, there has not been one song in the list that I even remotely like. The songs don't even come close to the music I frequently listen to or love. It's been disappointment after disappointment. Just provide a way to reset this so it picks up my music taste again.

OldFaithful

That's not getting any better. This week is all about Korean/Japanese music, which I never listened. Discover weekly sucks big time.

Stilesmiles

My account was hacked and my preferences got filled with electronica....f'ng electronica....

It has been 2 years since the last update. Any new developments? My Discover Weekly used to be great and after a few weeks of listening to a certain playlist at work it's not worth listening to at all 😕 

steragni

discover weekly is unusable.. used to be great a few years ago. 

How difficult can be to develop e reset button please??!!

mil4ni

Too bad you guys decided not to implement it. 

After all these years, it's still a problem.... 

Staff
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2020-02-26

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

rpangelastro
Too bad! You lost me as a customer until this is an option. Not paying for an inferior product.

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application