Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Queue] Queue to Next or Last

Present two options on rightclick, Queue Last and Queue Next. Very easy to implement, and useful. 

The way I been using spotty lately is to keep adding to Play Queue, it has gotten really long and sometimes I want to listen to something right now, then I have to add to queue and then move the songs all the way up to the top.

Mediamonkey have had this implemented since long ago. Mediamonkey is btw the best musicorganizer I've ever owned or tried. 

Updated on 2023-03-28

Hey there,

Thanks for this submission. We had a slight hiccup with moving ideas to different boards, but it's all good now.

We're setting the status of this one as "not right now", but that doesn't mean that your votes don't count.

Cheers!

Comments
bobby9036

Please reconsider implementing this feature Spotify! I'm seriously considering going back to Apple Music only for of this feature.

Ysalamiri

Spotify's answer to this is absolute**bleep**.

We want the process for tasks to be quite smooth rather than making them more complicated.

Doing things now actually complicates things. When you click "add to queue" it makes sense that a song is added AT THE END of the current queue, not somewhere in between. I don't listen to singles, I always listen to full albums and I always listen to albums in their intended order (no shuffling). For me it is literally impossible to queue multiple albums right now.

joandmorrison

Same Here 😞 

@AndIAreSo wrote:

This should be a feature. It's what I miss most about Apple Music.

haleyp

Hello spotify? What are you doing? Your last comment was in 2016. This is an easy requast.

hkohl

Hi Spotify, do you have any news regarding this issue?

Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-10-26

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

vzamora

Just to clarify, Spotify made a lousy job with the queue implementation and don't have any intention to fix it, have it? 

jmo333

Anyone else here feel completely ignored and unwelcome by the Spotify Community? I’ve been through the wringer trying to get this request updated in a way that community members could vote on with no avail. “Rock stars” and moderators mark my posts as duplicates even though this thread is 6 years old. Pretty unreal that something this basic (see screenshot from Apple Music) that would greatly improve UX has been ignored for so long. Totally mind boggling. Tempted to keep Apple Music and ditch Spotify for this very reason despite their superior algorithms. Very frustrated and disappointed.

D856A876-9BDF-45B9-B65B-7679BC24CF84.png

Couldn't have said it better! Still following this thread in case Spotify changes but despite the superior algorithms, this basic functionality was too important for me. I switched to Apple Music and I'm very happy. 

It's so simple, Play Next or Play Later, regardless of whether you thought of building a queue in advance (and who does, really?) .

johanndornbach

Dear Spotify, 

you are making yourself incredible in my view. Anyone listening to music just a little bit more then just casually, wants to add music to the currently playing queue of songs in multiple ways:

- after currently playing song

- at the end of the queue

I still cannot believe that this is not possible, and you even invest time to (de-)prioritize such a feature. If this continuous like this, I will unsubscribe from Spotify and go to Apple Music. They have this feature since they exist.