Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Military / Forces Discount

Spotify currently offer students a 50% discount, yet no forces discount. Spotify should introduce a forces discount for current serving members of the armed forces. 

Updated on 2023-07-06

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
LemonGrease
Okay bye, no one is going to suddenly change their policies based on one comment among many others just like you in this thread.
Saymonxq

It's funny how the people of USA is so devote to the military. Here the militaries are like just other criminal actor 😑.

Peldoni

For the record, I believe that a military discount is merely a recognition for a group of people that has been the enabler and guarantor of freedom to the world. American blood soaked the beaches, jungles, and cities where evil raised its ugly head and showed its dark heart. Whether or not Spotify grants a discount to military/veterans isn’t the point so much as their refusal to answer the question directly. Of course, there is truth to the adage that “actions speak louder than words” and, in that regard, Spotify has spoken. No discounts. They don’t even give you a price break if you were to opt to pay a year in advance. Just to air my sentiments about all the haters out there: Screw you!

motomat

im still fascinated on why people think a sweedish company should give a military discount to americans?

i mean really now, think about that.  should ford give a military discount to china? lol

Daddy_Dragon

I was just asking about this (somewhat) with the text support person by "Eli T." He/She did not even pay attention to what I was saying. Only gave me the link to this thread and continued on with his/her script.

But why do only students (and it's finite at that" get a discounted rate?
Oh...excuse me. Eli also brought up the Duo and Family plans that were a "Discount" since they were less than paying for each person individually.

I believe that All Military (aka, the world over and even if they are now retired, and their families) should get something. Same with teachers and first responders/emergency personnel.

I am disabled and have not been able to earn income since my last ToD (Tour of Duty) in 2017. I also used to have the Student Plan, but that was swept from under my feet when they (Spotify) learned that I was no longer taking classes. Which is why I said that it is "finite."

Just a little help and recognition can go a long way, Spotify. Especially if people are no longer able to work and are forced to exist (NOT live, I only exist now) in constant pain and...

I'm rambling/ranting. Apologies. The point I was trying to make was that it should either be extened or EVERYONE should have no discounts.

That's my piece. Keep up the struggle guys!

~Dr R.

LemonGrease
I’m 27, pound sand about it
mikedinh987

Any chance in the future Spotify will offer military discount? I'm actually canceling my subscription today to try other companies that do offer it. I would like to come back to Spotify at a later time if they do eventually offer it. 

LemonGrease
Chances are they won’t.
Mihail
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2021-08-24

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

This idea has been set to Not Right Now for quite a while now. In this time we’ve regularly monitored it and are aware of its popularity. We appreciate the feedback you’ve left and have regularly reported and discussed it with the relevant team. 

In light of these discussions we wanted to let you know that although possible in the long term, there are no plans to implement this in the immediate future. We’ll be setting the status to closed for now, to match our new Idea Exchange statuses. 

As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks for understanding.

SerraAngel

Since it's been years since this has been brought up, I thought I'd ask again about adding a discounted account for military and veterans similar to the student discount. Many of your prospective members are/were service members and I think it would be a great credit upon yourself to provide a discounted membership for those who served our country. Active duty who are deployed don't always have internet service and it would be a great convenience for them to be able to listen to music.