Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Bring back 'hold to preview song' button

A few years ago Spotify had a feature that allowed you to hold down on a song and it would give a 10-15 second sample of the song.

I used to discover so many new/different artists as it gave me a chance to preview a song before committing to listening to the full thing.

It was later removed (I think in 2016?) and I enquired at the time and they said it was so they could implement another feature in the app using the hold down feature.

We're in 2021 now, five years later and no such feature has been introduced.

Can we please have the hold to preview feature back? It was such a good niche feature, and it gave a one up on apple music.

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Ivan
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2021-01-07

Hey @rossmillen21,  

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!  

GAGAN313

Need to create a Playlist under my name

Yes, this!!! I loved this feature, same as you I used to find new music all the time. You've got my vote, hope this gets brought back.

bristolash91

oh wow what a good idea 😉

LCations

I miss this feature so much, it was so INCREDIBLY helpful, and considering previews still exist in the Spotify API for every song, it shouldn’t be hard to implement

Pushpin

Yes this would be incredibly handy!

bristolash91

wow what a good idea 🙂 

mberkhof

I think about this old feature daily, I literally go to do it still, and get upset when I can't. I'd die to get these simple features back.

De_p2

Spotify doesn’t give a damn. They put an standard tekst messege with “oh great idea” and they just let you down and never reply again.

Proof me im wrong Spotify