Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Search within all Playlists

Often, I'd like to find a song within one of my saved playlists.  I have a few playlists with over a thousand songs and this becomes difficult.  If I really want to listen to a certain song, I end up doing a general search, but then I have to go back to my playlist to continue listening there.  I'd like to be able to search within a playlist and then continue listening from that playlist.

Updated on 2019-09-19

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
MartinStoichkov

Hey @onty07, thanks for your contribution! 

I really think this idea is great! 

Maybe this screenshot will be a good addition to it : ) 

playlists search.jpg

blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2017-01-19

Marked as new idea.

Audio

Maybe you could clarify your issue for me, I'm curious. When I want to find something specific in a playlist like a song, songs from a particular artist and what have you... I find the filtering option works just fine for me.

(The only problem I see is that I have to scroll all the way to the top to access it the way it is implemented now - most painful on the smartphone. Maybe I should post an idea on that?)

ZMonz1

This is a decent idea  ...but the search should allow all Playlists as an option ...I never use Spotify for just one song ...and I have several songs that are in multiple play lists ...so depending on my mood would determine what Playlist I would choose ...

ImplantRebuild

I agree, this should only not be implemented into the plylists, but also the 'songs' 'artists' and 'albums' sections of your music. its annoying when you try to find a song and you have to scroll through hundreds of your saved songs so youre able to play a song you want right off the bat and keep listening to all your other ones after that.

ET206719

If I understand your issue, this is already a feature in desktop version at least. If you press control+f on the windows version or click the magnifying glass icon with "filter" next to it, you can type in songs or artists. It acts as a search bar within the playlist

zekececil14

ctrl-f on Desktop.

daxkerchner

RE: ET206719, I upvoted this because it was a repost of "search in ALL my platlists", which judging from some of the comments is what people mean here.

b4ruch

How come this simple, basic feature hasn't been implemented yet on Spotify for Android? It's so frustrating.

I say it's basic because naturally, when you have a bunch of playlists it's probable you will forget exactly where a specific song is. Pure and simple playlist use case.

The sceneario is freakinly simple:   You want to play a song you know you have somewhere in your playlists. So you go to your playlists section and search the song in ALL of them. Yes, It's that simple.

For those who don't read: we are not talking about 'filtering' on a particular playlist. We want to SEARCH a song (by name/artist/album/etc..) in ALL our library playlists.

I've seen people posting the same idea since 2012 and somehow developers just say those didn't get enough votes and mark them as inactive and the idea eventually dies.

There should be a rule where if the same idea is posted, and re-posted and re-re-posted over and over again over the months and years, developes should get a HUGE ALERT icon on their screens because this is screaming for a solution.

slipstream42

Wow what a drag i can not search for a artist or song across all my playlists.  Ctrl-F only searches a single playlist on windows.  I want to search ALL of my private and public playlists on windows and android.