Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] [Kids] Add Spotify Connect support for Spotify Kids

When playing music through Spotify Kids, it is not possible to cast the music to a Google Chromecast audio device. This has lead to many conversations revolving around “but why can’t I put my dance party on the stereo”, and so we have to go back to the main Spotify app to get said dance party going and avert the tears 😀And with the kids stuck at home on account of school closures and lockdowns, there are a lot of dance parties happening. And they much prefer the app geared towards them than the regular app. Because the Spotify Connect feature is already implemented in the main Spotify app, it should be implemented also in the Spotify Kids app to have the same connectivity options.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
evolucian1

Guys, we need to all like all these comments to put it on Spofitys to do list. Thanks

ericskilling

This needs to be implemented. My kid is already used to asking the Google Home to play music. He’s confused he can’t play to the Google Home from Spotify Kids.

agrunwald

Rather than being able to stream to a device with the Kids Account I‘d like to connect the device (2x Amazon Echo in my case) to each Kids Account. It would be great if the kids could discover, rate and curate their music in the app and listen to the same curated content on their devices. 

martinstenrose

As with most of the comments above, it's a real mess that the kid's music logs to my listening history and thus affects my recommendations etcetera. I had hopes that the Spotify Kids app would solve that, but unfortunately it lacks cast support. Please implement. 

Zogun

I can't believe this hasn't been implemented yet... As many have noted, our kid's music really messes up the daily mixes, yearly summaries etc. I would like to program my Audio Pro Addon C10's quick buttons with playlists from a kids account

Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

verbynotro

I’d like to add my voice to this much needed feature to Spotify Kids. Please implement the connect feature!!

bzh_nihon

Voted up as well.

It would be nice for my kids to be able to tell Google Home to play whatever music they want. But since we cannot connect Spotify Kids to their Google Assistant, they cannot talk to Google Home to do that.

That seems such a basic feature nowadays.

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 180 votes! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.