[iOS][Developer] CarPlay UI dangerous and needs to be fixed

The CarPlay UI is dangerous

While it would require Apple’s cooperation, you guys should ideally bring the banner used on Android Auto, that lets you see what’s currently playing and skip ahead/back 15s to the main screen, so we can see it with the map up

but absent that when I click the Spotify button on the CarPlay screen, it should default to Now Playing, not some cluttered library of unorganized playlists.

It takes 2 clicks to access what’s currently playing right now, and those buttons are on opposite sides of the screen, rather than the 0 clicks on Android auto, and that’s time spent looking at the screen and searching for buttons instead of looking at the road.

Updated on 2021-09-30

Hello @ecase727!

I marked your idea as a New Suggestion. Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community. I'd recommend checking out this article for more info on how the Ideas Exchange is managed.

Have a nice day 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
Jose_M
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-09-30

Hello @ecase727!

I marked your idea as a New Suggestion. Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community. I'd recommend checking out this article for more info on how the Ideas Exchange is managed.

Have a nice day 🙂