Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
imJeans

If u are still subscribe to spotify consider leaving ASAP. I did 2 weeks ago and i never looked back.

ALSO!  Apple Music just introduced Spatial Audio , Lossless Audio & Dolby Atmos support, ALL FOR FREE, NO PRICE INCREASE. And its the SAME price as spotify. Use a playlist converter to transfer all of ur music to AM.

Good job spotify, you fumbled the bag!

MRKSB

Been a Spotify user since 2009 and paying for soo many years, that I've lost count. I love the service, was truly groundbreaking and the leader of the pack, and it worked so well on the mac platform. But in these recent years, Spotify has become so large, that they forgot to be the leader of the pack coming to tech and rethinking streaming. Also their ugly sides have started to show, paying almost the lowest amount to the artist compared to other services and keeping platform users as a kind of "hostage", to punish Apple for nothing bending down for their needs.

Spotify Connect is still one of the best ways to enjoy the music on a smart speaker, and made me love my B&O speaker (my music streaming stats exploded because of the same reason). But in recent years I've seen speakers loosing this tech and B&O even argued that it wasn't a future safe solution (wonder what happened behind closed doors).

Spotify was late to the game to take the Apple watch serious, a booming industry leading the tech, and the HomePod's which is the main discussion here, still have NO love shown. 

So Spotify, I've been a old dog supporting you guys for ages, and sadly I must admit, like others here, you don't care about being the leader of the pack or showing love to the tech. You've become to big and greedy, forgetting the passion which made you start in the industry.

Apple has thrown a lot of new features to their Apple Music users like ImJeans mentions, with their spatial audio, Lossless Audio (which Spotify is rumoured to take more money for) and Dolby Atmos support. Throughout the years, I've always highlighted and argumentet that  Spotify was the better solution, but sadly, or not sadly, but in reality! I can't do anymore - you just don't care and the competition is bypassing you with not only great tech and streaming solutions, but also with passion, Apple Music pays much higher royalties to the artist.

So a long write from me, but I've followed this thread for awhile, and I see many share the same feeling - time is running out, and it's time to consider joining the other ship, which cares more about their users and artists.

RaffGonz

Sort it out Spotify. Just do it. 

BristolMusic

Great to see so many people putting their money where their mouths are. I have no regrets leaving Spotify 4 or 5 months ago - or should I say 20 or 30 pages / 800 votes ago!

As has been said well above, Spotify may have been the service to use in the early days, but they simply haven't managed to keep up.

Aldox3

Please.. We are wating for so long..

We NEED THIS

absabs

Please yes!  I had to switch over to Apple Music just so I could play music via siri command on my homepod. Would love to switch back to spotify. You are losing customers because of this!

MRKSB

And so it begins, you've got 2 months to convince me otherwise Spotify, until the end of the trial period.

Trial periodTrial period

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Marrekk

I don't believe what happened right now! 

thekeisersose

Thanks for the update.

But still a bit sceptical, and still a bit sour because of how long the Apple Watch support took. Also, according to the linked Answer, this status should have been applied 6 to 9 months ago. And unfortunately this also does NOT mean "This feature is coming. We have a rough timeline for a release."...

Keep the updates coming 🙂