Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Best albums of 2015

Best albums of 2015

We've wrapped up the Albums of 2014 thread with the full 2014 playlist here.

Now you can start sharing the albums you recommend from 2015 with the Spotify Community below. We recommend posting a Spotify Play Button following these steps:

1. Right click on the desired song/ playlist. 

2. Click 'Copy Spotify URI'.

2. Go to your Community post. 

3. Click 'Insert/edit link button'

Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 9.51.27 AM.png

4. Paste URI.

5. Click Post. 

And remember to give kudos to the albums you also agree belong on the "best of 2015" list. 

I'll get us started with my current favorite for 2015: Panda Bear's new album "Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper".

Want to share your favorite songs of 2015? Join this thread here. 

417 Replies

Hello !

2015 - News indie-Pop-Rock ( Singles And Albums Extracts )

Since 1st January 2015

( Updated : June 19 )

""

Full Playlist

Hello !

Yukon Blonde - On Blonde ( 2015. Dine Alone Music inc. )

Yukon Blonde is a Canadian indie rock band originally from Kelowna, British Columbia. Formed in 2005 as a quintet called Alphababy, the band members changed the name in late 2008 at the suggestion of Jon-Rae Fletcher, with whom the band was touring. The band has been based in Vancouver since 2009. Now a trio with some guest touring members. ( Wikipedia )

""

Hello !

Wolf Alice - My Love Is Cool ( 2015. Dirty Hit )

Wolf Alice are a four-piece alternative rock band from North London, consisting of Ellie Rowsell (vocals, guitar), Joff Oddie (guitars, vocals), Theo Ellis (bass), and Joel Amey (drums).
They released their debut single "Fluffy" in February 2013, the "Bros" single followed this in May. In October 2013, they released their debut EP Blush. Their second EP Creature Songs was released in May 2014 on Dirty Hit Records. On February 24th 2015 they released the lead single "Giant Peach" from their debut album My Love Is Cool, was released on the 22nd of June 2015, also via Dirty Hit Records.
( Wikipedia )

""

Hello !

Breaking benjamin - Dark Before Dawn ( Hollywood Records, inc - 2015 )

Breaking Benjamin is an American rock band founded in 1998 by Benjamin Burnley in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. Having outlasted significant lineup changes, Burnley is the only founding member remaining in the band, and serves as the primary songwriter, lead vocalist, and guitarist. He is currently accompanied by bassist and backing vocalist Aaron Bruch, guitarist and backing vocalist Keith Wallen, guitarist Jasen Rauch, and drummer Shaun Foist. The band has released four studio albums: Saturate (2002), We Are Not Alone (2004), Phobia (2006), and Dear Agony (2009), collectively selling over 7 million units in the United States alone. A best hits compilation album was also released in 2011. The band will release its fifth studio album in June 2015 titled Dark Before Dawn following a four-year hiatus.ice ( Wikpedia )

Album released

""

@ghys

Breaking Benjamin last album is not a bad album, but really nothing in it to make it part of the Best Albums of 2015. 🙂

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello !

The Helio Sequence - The helio Sequence

( Sub Pop Records - 2015 )

The Helio Sequence is an American alternative rock duo from Beaverton, Oregon, signed to Sub Pop. The band and consists of Brandon Summers on vocals and guitars and Benjamin Weikel on drums and keyboards.
The band has released three albums on Sub Pop, two on the Portland-based label Cavity Search and a self-released EP. Their fifth album, entitled Negotiations, was released on September 11, 2012, on Sub Pop.

""

Other Best Albums 2015 Submitted Since January 2015

The Airbone Toxic Event - Dope Machines

The Honeydrips - In The City

Drug Cabin - Wiggle Room + Yard Work

Vinny Peliculiar - Down The Bright Stream

Villagers - Darling Arithmetic

Husky - Ruckers Hill

John Andrews & The Yawns - Bit By The Fang

Stornoway - Bonxie

The Very Best - Makes A King

Hello !

Boo Hewerdine - Open ( Reveal Records - 2015 )

Marcus "Boo" Hewerdine (born 14 February 1961) is an English singer-songwriter and record producer. His work includes lead singer and creative force behind The Bible, formed in the 1980s, and reformed in 1994, as well as solo recordings and work for film. He has also produced records by several artists, including a long association with Eddi Reader. He has been described as "one of Britain's most consistently accomplished songwriters".

""

Pocket Panda - This Arrangement Of Molecules

Moriarty - Epitaph

Calexico - Edge Of The Sun

Darlia - Petals

All Time Low - Future Hearts

Rocky Votolato - Hospital Handshakes

Iron & Wine - Archive Series Volume N°1

Happyness - Weird Little Birthday

The Black Ryder - The Door Behind The Door

spotify:album:3cQO7jp5S9qLBoIVtbkSM1

Incredible album. Slay.

Hello !

Book Club - One-Way Moon ( The Cottage Recording Co. )

Georgia-based collective Book Club have released “ One-Way Moon
On Book Club’s new LP, One-Way Moon (out Feb. 17 via Cottage Recording Co./Bear Kids Recordings), frontman/songwriter Robbie Horlick practices introspection without navel-gazing, his wounded warble trickling like creekwater past the strum of the nylon six-string and the pluck of the banjo, cascading over daydreamy piano and the breathy moan of bow on strings.
( http://www.israbox.info/ )

""

Hello !

NYVES - Anxiety ( Spartan Records - 2015 )

NYVES is the new electronic music project featuring Ryan Clark (Demon Hunter) and Randy Torres (ex-Project 86).

""

Hello !

2015 - News indie-Pop-Rock ( Singles And Albums Extracts )

Since 1st January 2015

( Updated : June 29 )

""

Hello !

Citizen - Everybody Is Going To Heaven ( Run For Cover Records - 2015 )

Citizen is a band from Southeast Michigan and Northwest Ohio
The band formed in the year 2009 while still in high-school. Their first release was a pop-punk/easycore demo, after which the band modified their genre to adopt a more indie rock sound. In early 2012, the band signed to Run For Cover Records.The band released their first full length album in 2013 titled Youth. The album was recorded in Studio 4 with producer Will Yip (Title Fight, Circa Survive, Braid).. In late July 2014, the band released a single titled Silo on Run For Cover Records. On April 26, Citizen announced plans to release their second full-length album, Everybody is Going to Heaven, on June 23, 2015 via Run For Cover. The album was released digitally via Run For Cover Records' Bandcamp page on June 9th, 2015.

"

Blurryface- Twenty-One Pilots

- Album Title : Blurryface

- Genre : Indie Pop/ Alternative Hip Hop

- Band or Artist: Twenty One Pilots 

- Label : Fueled by Ramon

I think it would help a lot if everyone put the name of the album they are suggesting in the subject line so it is easier to check if an album has already been posted. 

After you post your original comment if you click edit comment you then have the ability to change the subject line. 

@Ptomalley35

It would help also if everyone could make an effort to start a post by :

- Album Title :

- Genre :

- Band or Artist

- Label :

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello !

Mutoid Man - Bleeder ( Sargent House - 2015 )

Mutoid Man, consisting of guitarist and vocalist Stephen Brodsky of Cave In and drummer Ben Koller of Converge and All Pigs Must Die, have realised their debut record Helium Head on November 29 2014 ( Magic Bullet/Nonbeliever Records )
Bleeder, the full-length debut from Mutoid Man, is certainly less raw than their 2014 EP, Helium Head, an 18-minute mine cart ride that was as fast, convulsive, and stubbornly melodic as you would expect from a supergroup made up of the guitarist/vocalist of Cave In, the drummer from Converge, and the sound guy from Brooklyn metal bar Saint Vitus on bass. Bleeder takes on all these traits to a degree, but with a clearer separation between the gnarled instrumentation and Steve Brodsky’s vocals. This divide results from an increased emphasis on clear-headed singing rather than the constant yowl Brodsky put forth on Helium Head. ( http://consequenceofsound.net )

""

Never Shout Never - Recycled Youth

10 Years - From Birth To Burial

Looper - Kinokraft - Lexiphonics

Elvis Perkins - I Aubade

Lightning In A Twilight Hour - Fragments Of A Former Moon

Alabama Shakes - sound & Color

The wombats - Glitterbug

Bop English - Constant Bop

Turbo Fruits - No Control

Hello !

X Ambassadors - VHS

( KiDinaKORNER/Interscop Records - 2015 )

X Ambassadors is an American alternative rock band from Ithaca, New York. The band has had hits such as Unconsolable, Jungle, and Renegades. The band's debut full length album titled "VHS" is due to release on June 30th, 2015.

""

Hello !

River City Extension - Delivrance ( Anchor & Hope Music - 2015 )

River City Extension is an American indie rock band based in Toms River, New Jersey. The band released their debut EP, Nautical Sabbatical in 2009. Following the release of a full-length album, The Unmistakable Man in 2010, the band was picked up by New Jersey independent record label XOXO Records. The band is currently touring in support of their third full-length record, Deliverance.

""

Album Title : Lindemann

Band or Artist : Skills In Pills

Genre : Industrial
Label : Warner Bros. Records

spotify:album:0koBPzLDxkhwKrKb3JmJ9n

Suggested posts