Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

OH BY THE WAY WHERE THE HELL IS "PINK" FLOYD AND LED ZEPPELIN.

Solved!

OH BY THE WAY WHERE THE HELL IS "PINK" FLOYD AND LED ZEPPELIN.

WHO IS THE CEO OF THIS? I GUESS NOT A CLASSIC ROCKER? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think the point is that they have opted not to be part of Spotify right now. We'd love them on.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

21 Replies

You can find out who our CEO is right here. However, it's not a matter of personal taste. There are some reasons relating to those two bands not being available on Spotify at the moment, and you can find a little more information about that right here

Airhorn Enthusiast

To say that Pink Floyd isn't on Spotify because they're against streaming is a bit disingenuous, since they're on MOG.

Marked as solution

I think the point is that they have opted not to be part of Spotify right now. We'd love them on.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

For some acts, their suspicion may be based more on the linkage between low royalties from ad-funded streaming and otherwise acceptable rates from premium services. “In 2007/08, Pink Floyd were on every single ad-funded stream service going,” band manager Paul Loasby told the MusicTank seminar. “We did 14 million streams. Of those, we earned just over five figures. “When it came to renewing our deal with EMI, we decided we did not want to go with ad-funded but agreed to go on subscription ones (only). But, when we went to Spotify’s office in 2010, we were declined – it was all or nothing.”
http://paidcontent.org/2012/02/27/419-labels-and-spotify-still-struggle-to-convince-some-artists-on-...

It's not about music taste or being for or against streaming it's that Spotify and Pink Floyd can't come to an agreement over money pure and simple.

They are on iheartradio.com how come they can agree on a contract and you can't? You guys have been good with selection I would hate to leave but their classic rock selection is vastly superior.

They are also on Rdio.

On Rdio you get 7 days free streaming and they have most of the Pink Floyd albums.

And what is most, complete Pink Floyd is on Deezer !!!

Just checking Deezer out now. Thanks for mentioning it......I think Spotify's layout is best of them all though....The gapless feature on Spotify is also a good point.

I will not subcribe to Spotify until Pink Floyd and Led Zeppeling are on... Until then, PANDORA has my business.. and its cheaper!

You think you could maybe ask them to reconsider opting in, again?

Pink Floyd is also present on WiMP as premium content.

Is Spotify playing on adding a "Next track play" feature? 🙂

planning********* 😮

I have no idea why pink Floyd is not on spotify but for some reason they are on deezer,

i am listing to the dark side of the moon as i write this 🙂

there has to be a reason and spotify instead of waiting for the content being added should ghet in touch with the record copmpany and sort out whatever problem is stopping them from adding their music to spotify as the fact they are in deezer speaks volumes.. 

I hope they will join Spotify eventually. Spotify has a major hole in its library without them. Same goes with The Beatles.

I would still urge you (Spotify) to add the missing artists (with no content obviously) so we can follow them...and so follow them through the announcements should they ever decide to come over here....

Are u sure the r on rdio? Havent seen them there....
I will wait for the itunes radio, which will have just about everything, and say goodbye to spotify and rdio

Suggested posts