I recently have been studying music publishing and pitching. I find it interesting how some people in the industry categorize music and it had lead me to spend more hours funneling my music library on Spotify. I have heard people mostly organize by mood and style, but let me know what your system is!
I'll go first:
1. If a song catches my attention, it goes to my "Liked Songs". When I have time at the end of the week I go through my liked songs and categorized them into folders.
-Theme (These are more niche and for fun)
-School (Studying tools for music classes I currently am studying)
- Western Music History
- Traditional Music of America
- Traditional Music from a Global Perspective
- Others Playlists/Liked Playlists
3. Once its in a folder I usually remove it from my "Liked Songs" so I know I already put it into my playlists.