Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music Discussion

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Guidelines] Music Discussion

Welcome to Music Discussion! This is the place for Community members to dig deeper into the music and artists they're passionate or curious about. We want users here to not just share links to songs and playlists (you can use Music Exchange for that)...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

What is your favourite song by your favourite artists?

I find it hard to choose favourite musicians, but this partiuclar one has captured my attention more than others. What are your favourite songs by your favourite artists? https://open.spotify.com/track/2kP1ujXHn0mNqFbiT3zob8

• Visitor
  • I find it hard to choose favourite musicians, but this partiuclar one has captured my attention more than others. What are your favourite songs by your favourite artists?   https://open.spotif...
  • jjkjjkjjk007
  • Roadie
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Question(s) Of The Day: Do you prefer CD's or Vinyl or digital or cassettes or 8-tracks?

I prefer CD's since they are cheap and smaller and easier to store. I like having a physical release but I have bought albums off of iTunes in the past. And I love listening to my iPod while I do cardio. I understand people going with digital but I f...

• Roadie
  • I prefer CD's since they are cheap and smaller and easier to store. I like having a physical release but I have bought albums off of iTunes in the past. And I love listening to my iPod while I do car...
  • Dj_tomsten
  • Roadie
  • 20 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 20 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution [CONTEST] Coffeehouse Poetry Playlist

We already know Spotify has loads of great playlist curators. Our users create amazing playlists with 1,000s of followers. What we don't know is how many great poetry writers we've got. Submit your best example of poetry built within a playlist here....

singapore purple.png FullSizeRender (3).jpg
  • Spotify
  • Spotify
  • We already know Spotify has loads of great playlist curators. Our users create amazing playlists with 1,000s of followers.    What we don't know is how many great poetry writers we've g...
  • Shake-a-Hoof
  • Roadie
  • 54 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 54 replies
  • 11 likes

Songs with NAMES on it

The other day I was watching a movie I absolutely love: The Boat that Rocked. And then, that marriage scene came up and "Elenore" by The Turtles was playing- it's a song that makes me wanna scream my lungs out! So I decided to create topic where we s...

• Roadie
  • The other day I was watching a movie I absolutely love: The Boat that Rocked. And then, that marriage scene came up and "Elenore" by The Turtles was playing- it's a song that makes me wanna scream my...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 20 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 20 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Music and Rain

Hey all! It's Monday again. This morning, I looked out of the window to a hopeful, yet brief soft blue sky. I knew that it would be cold out. But, as I put on my coat and gloves, that flicker of sunshine and colour made the thought of my early mornin...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • Hey all!   It's Monday again.   This morning, I looked out of the window to a hopeful, yet brief soft blue sky. I knew that it would be cold out. But, as I put on my coat and gloves...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 20 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 20 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Best Album Cover Art 2016

I came across this album today and I thought it was worthy of being the first great art cover mention in 2016. spotify:track:33tAx11ZNa2yfepsxws0nw

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • I came across this album today and I thought it was worthy of being the first great art cover mention in 2016.    spotify:track:33tAx11ZNa2yfepsxws0nw  
  • Rippstxx
  • 28 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 28 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Bon Iver 22, A Million

For me, the most anticipated album of the year is Bon Iver's 22, A Million out Sept 30th. Bon Iver is in my top 10 of all time, yes all time. I've been listening to it again today, falling in love with it all over again. What do you all think of the ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • For me, the most anticipated album of the year is Bon Iver's 22, A Million out Sept 30th.    Bon Iver is in my top 10 of all time, yes all time. I've been listening to it agai...
  • mariacristina44
  • 20 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 20 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Best song you ever heard being performed live?

Hey folks! It's that time of year again - the leaves are turning orange, and festival season has sadly come to a close. I didn't make it to any of the big ones this year, but managed to go to a pretty cool local one that was chock-full of talent! As ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • Hey folks!   It's that time of year again - the leaves are turning orange, and festival season has sadly come to a close. I didn't make it to any of the big ones this year, but managed ...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 24 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 24 replies
  • 5 likes

Finally Radiohead is Back

What do you think of the new single ? Personally I love it. The strings progression is great.

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • What do you think of the new single ?     Personally I love it. The strings progression is great.  
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 27 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 27 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! indie music

What are some good indie bands ? I have been listening to the antlers and the cloud cults a lot

• What are some good indie bands ? I have been listening to the antlers and the cloud cults a lot
  • pillow_
  • Regular
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

Music in Spotify Ads

Hey folks, Meredith from the Communitiy team here. Over the years we've had a lot of you asking about the music in Spotify ads. In short, we make the music in house (it's not a clip from another song). However these small clips aren't available on Sp...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • Hey folks, Meredith from the Communitiy team here.    Over the years we've had a lot of you asking about the music in Spotify ads. In short, we make the music in house (it's not a ...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 68 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 68 replies
  • 3 likes

A Different January 2016 (daily new releases)

#NewMusicFriday : January 1st, 2016 [MONTHLY][COMPILATION] Only New Releases HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone. We begin 2016 by a New Music Friday which is another great opportunity to discover the new alternative releases on Spotify before most of the oth...

soundofus-january-2016-spotify-660x330.jpg
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  •  #NewMusicFriday : January 1st, 2016   [MONTHLY][COMPILATION] Only New Releases     HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone. We begin 2016 by a New Music Friday which is anoth...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 24 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 24 replies
  • 2 likes

Led Zeppelin

So I've read that Led Zeppelin was going to be on Spotify and that the person with the rights would give them permission to stream Led. After further investigation I realize that the forum with that information is over a year old. Every other notorio...

•    So I've read that Led Zeppelin was going to be on Spotify and that the person with the rights would give them permission to stream Led.    After further investigation I rea...
  • jimrcools
  • Gig Goer
  • 36 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 36 replies
  • 6 likes

Can you name a band from this country?

Can you name a band from this country? With the launch in Spotify in 20 new countries yesterday, I think its time we all spread our wings, and found some new content to listen to! So here is how it works!: The person above you will have chosen a coun...

• Community Legend
  • Can you name a band from this country?    With the launch in Spotify in 20 new countries yesterday, I think its time we all spread our wings, and found some new content to listen to!&nb...
  • xenon82
  • Roadie
  • 28 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 28 replies
  • 2 likes

Top 10 Albums

Hey hey hey! It'd be cool to get to know everyone, and what better way than knowing what your Top 10 all-time fave albums are? Here are mine (in no particular order): 1. Tool - Lateralus 2. Deftones - Around The Fur 3. Glassjaw - Everything You Ever ...

• Roadie
  • Hey hey hey!   It'd be cool to get to know everyone, and what better way than knowing what your Top 10 all-time fave albums are? 😄   Here are mine (in no particular order): &nbsp...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 45 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 45 replies
  • 7 likes

Best album cover art of 2015

Post a Spotify Play Button of one track from the album so we can check out the cover art. A couple guidelines: 1. One track/ album cover per post. This helps with kudos to see which is the favorite at the end of the year. 2. Please make sure the albu...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • Post a Spotify Play Button of one track from the album so we can check out the cover art. A couple guidelines:   1. One track/ album cover per post. This helps with kudos to see which is the...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 53 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 53 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Indie] Best New Tracks

Destroyer is causing a buzz with his saxophone-heavy single 'Dream Lover'. I'd recommend this particularly feel-good track for fans of Kurt Vile, The Walkmen, and Cass McCombs. spotify:album:4WsLkrcKJNyoUzRFn9RG10:small

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • Destroyer is causing a buzz with his saxophone-heavy single 'Dream Lover'. I'd recommend this particularly feel-good track for fans of Kurt Vile, The Walkmen, and Cass McComb...
  • BenitoKCM
  • Roadie
  • 63 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 63 replies
  • 1 likes

How to get followers?

So after being a spotify member for a year or so, and the option to follow users, artists, bands was added I was wondering if there is a way to gain more followers, it's easy for me to follow my friends and my favourite artists but not so easy to get...

• Music Fan
  • So after being a spotify member for a year or so, and the option to follow users, artists, bands was added I was wondering if there is a way to gain more followers, it's easy for me to follow my...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 268 replies
  • 29 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 268 replies
  • 29 likes

Band t-shirt selfie [Contest] [Closed]

Hey guys! It's time for your monthly Spotify Community contest. This month we want to see a selfie with your favourite band t-shirt--along with a quick post about why you love it. Your shirt can be be nostalgic, the band you've seen 13 times (ahem @R...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • Hey guys! It's time for your monthly Spotify Community contest.   This month we want to see a selfie with your favourite band t-shirt--along with a quick post about why you love it.  ...
  • geoffcole
  • Casual Listener
  • 25 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 25 replies
  • 4 likes

This Artist was discovered FIRST on my playlist

Hey guys, Did you know when you click on an artist, to the right of it you can see the number of listeners. If you click this you can see on which playlist this artist was featured first. I hereby invite YOU to post the first artist and the playlist ...

• Community Legend
  • Hey guys,   Did you know when you click on an artist, to the right of it you can see the number of listeners. If you click this you can see on which playlist this artist was featured first. ...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 20 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 20 replies
  • 4 likes