Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music Discussion

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Guidelines] Music Discussion

Welcome to Music Discussion! This is the place for Community members to dig deeper into the music and artists they're passionate or curious about. We want users here to not just share links to songs and playlists (you can use Music Exchange for that)...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

This Artist was discovered FIRST on my playlist

Hey guys, Did you know when you click on an artist, to the right of it you can see the number of listeners. If you click this you can see on which playlist this artist was featured first. I hereby invite YOU to post the first artist and the playlist ...

• Community Legend
  • Hey guys,   Did you know when you click on an artist, to the right of it you can see the number of listeners. If you click this you can see on which playlist this artist was featured first. ...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 20 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 20 replies
  • 4 likes

Original version, and copy (good or bad)

hello ! New game ( If you want ! ) Everything is in the title If the author died around 1752 (traditional) No original version (of course) Example With "On the road Again" By Canned heat ( 1968 ) And Stalwax EP ( Copy ) - 2008

• Visitor
  • hello !   New game ( If you want ! ) Everything is in the title   If the author died around 1752 (traditional) No original version (of course)     Example With...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 162 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 162 replies
  • 0 likes

[Pop-Rock] The legendary girls - All Time

Hello ! Pop - Rock The legendary girls ( All Time ) All girls who built the story we love Pop, Rock, Blues, Soul, Rhythm and Blues, Etc...... Example Janis Joplin - Cry Baby ( 1971 )

• Visitor
  • Hello !   Pop - Rock The legendary girls  ( All Time ) All girls who built the story we love Pop, Rock, Blues, Soul, Rhythm and Blues, Etc......   Example   ...
  • Tytoalba
  • Roadie
  • 64 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 64 replies
  • 0 likes

Des envies de concours ? ? ? Voilà des Idées ! ! !

Bonsoir Voila je viens de faire juin playlist with versez état ​​Seule q'il y Ait le Nom d'une capitale Dans le titre de Celle ci Comme exemple Voici le mienne, je cherche un Autre sujet de concours et je reviens un tout de suite

• Roadie
  • Bonsoir Voila je viens de faire juin playlist with versez état ​​Seule q'il y Ait le Nom d'une capitale Dans le titre de Celle ci Comme exemple Voici le mienne, je cherche un Autre sujet de conco...
  • middo39
  • Roadie
  • 44 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 44 replies
  • 0 likes

Best album covers of 2014

Following Meredith's idea, which are the best album covers of 2014 so far? Best album covers of the year. The best way to share the album cover would be: 1. Pick a track from the album. 2. Right click and select Copy Embed Code. 3. Paste it in the HT...

• Music Fan
  • Following Meredith's idea, which are the best album covers of 2014 so far?   Best album covers of the year.    The best way to share the album cover would be:  1. P...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 83 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 83 replies
  • 5 likes

Why can`t I listen to Skyfall by Adele in Spotify (Norway)

I`ve tried to star "Skyfall" by Adele, but it won`t work. I can`t listen to the song, nothing happens when I am clicking on the song. I`m from Norway, but radio stations here have added the song to their playlists, and linked it to spotify, still I c...

• I`ve tried to star "Skyfall" by Adele, but it won`t work. I can`t listen to the song, nothing happens when I am clicking on the song. I`m from Norway, but radio stations here have added the song to t...
  • Scriven_j
  • Roadie
  • 33 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 33 replies
  • 2 likes

Your Favorite Albums of 2014

Hey guys, let's start sharing our favorite albums released in 2014. I'll keep this playlist updated with your additions: Favorite Albums of 2014 1. Check the playlist to see if the album has been mentioned. 2. Right click the album in Spotify. 3. Sel...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • Hey guys, let's start sharing our favorite albums released in 2014. I'll keep this playlist updated with your additions: Favorite Albums of 2014   1. Check the playlist to see if the al...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 160 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 160 replies
  • 10 likes

Spotify's Year in Review 2014

I see Spotify's Year in Review is back, and the info goes a little deeper than last year. Pop made up 32% of my listening last year, and 30% of the music I listened to originated from the US. Busiest day was Tuesdays, and in total I heard 172,000 min...

YIR2014.png
  • Roadie
  • I see Spotify's Year in Review is back, and the info goes a little deeper than last year.   Pop made up 32% of my listening last year, and 30% of the music I listened to originated from the ...
  • esbt
  • 23 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 23 replies
  • 3 likes

Broken Bells - After The Disco not on Spotify?

Broken Bells' new album is supposed to be out now! How come their singles is there, but not the whole album? I'm super excited to hear it. One of my favourite bands!

• Casual Listener
  • Broken Bells' new album is supposed to be out now! How come their singles is there, but not the whole album?   I'm super excited to hear it. One of my favourite bands! 🙂
  • FunkyFuransuNL
  • 25 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 25 replies
  • 2 likes

What are you listening to right this second?

Hello! What are you all listening to right now? I'm currently listening to this lovely woman!

2014-06-28 22.58.30.png
  • Community Legend
  • Hello!   What are you all listening to right now?   I'm currently listening to this lovely woman!  
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 57 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 57 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Community Soundrop Room!

Hi all, I'm a big fan of Soundrop, I thought it might be a fun idea for us all to have a big Community Soundrop room where we could all add tracks and vote for some cool tunes! Here's the link - http://open.soundrop.fm/s/VxcYz5sDjssRgycM Enjoy! I've ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • Hi all,    I'm a big fan of Soundrop, I thought it might be a fun idea for us all to have a big Community Soundrop room where we could all add tracks and vote for some cool tunes! ...
  • Fred
  • Community Legend
  • 68 replies
  • 17 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 68 replies
  • 17 likes

Arctic Monkeys

Who else is PSYCHED for the Arctic Monkeys new album AM?Heard a few tracks and it sounds amazing, noticed that they recorded it in Josh Homme's studio (Queens of the Stone Age)And you can tell! looking forward to it!Let me know your opinions of the n...

• Roadie
  • Who else is PSYCHED for the Arctic Monkeys new album AM? Heard a few tracks and it sounds amazing, noticed that they recorded it in Josh Homme's studio (Queens of the Stone Age) And you can tel...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 22 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 22 replies
  • 1 likes

What's your latest first listen?

My favourite thing about music is hearing something you love for the first time. It's magic! How about we all share the latest song that's made us take a moment out to stop and enjoy it? Here's mine. I've been a fan of Ween for years, but guess I did...

• Spotify Legend
  • My favourite thing about music is hearing something you love for the first time. It's magic!   How about we all share the latest song that's made us take a moment out to stop and enjoy it? H...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 94 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 94 replies
  • 3 likes

Sam Smith's "In the Lonely Hour"

I'm a little (scratch that), very disappointed that Sam Smith's new album was not immediately added to Spotify. I'm sure it might come later, but I thought that they would add it right as it came out.

• I'm a little (scratch that), very disappointed that Sam Smith's new album was not immediately added to Spotify. I'm sure it might come later, but I thought that they would add it right as it came out.
  • beachdude42
  • Roadie
  • 25 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 25 replies
  • 11 likes

Coldplay - Ghost Stories not on Spotify

Ghost Stories was released in Germany (and other countries) today and it is not available on Spotify (just like Mylo Xyloto was at the beginning). Instead there is a announcement: "The artist or their representative have deceided not to release this ...

• Roadie
  • Ghost Stories was released in Germany (and other countries) today and it is not available on Spotify (just like Mylo Xyloto was at the beginning). Instead there is a announcement: "The artist or thei...
  • bulanhill
  • 20 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 20 replies
  • 33 likes

Eric Church - The Outsiders

...any word on this album? Dropped all over today but I am not able to find it yet.

• Casual Listener
  • ...any word on this album? Dropped all over today but I am not able to find it yet. 
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 74 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 74 replies
  • 0 likes

Led Zeppelin is here! What's your favorite song?

They're here, folks! Want to share your favorite song, experience, concert, story? Share with us.

• Spotify Legend
  •   They're here, folks! Want to share your favorite song, experience, concert, story? Share with us.
  • mkdrag0
  • Casual Listener
  • 50 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 50 replies
  • 1 likes

What's the coolest band/artist name you know?

What is the coolest band/artist name you know? For me it's either Alt-j or Munchausen by Proxy (even if that is a fictional band ).

• Community Legend
  • What is the coolest band/artist name you know? For me it's  either Alt-j or Munchausen by Proxy (even if that is a fictional band 🙂 ).
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 21 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 21 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Rihanna - Unapologetic???

Yes, what's going on I don't see the point of paying for spotify if I'm not getting the music I desire.

• Yes, what's going on I don't see the point of paying for spotify if I'm not getting the music I desire.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 55 replies
  • 15 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 55 replies
  • 15 likes

Favorite Band / Singer?

What are your favorite bands/singers? I like just about every genre of music but my favorites are.............. Danzig, Queen, KISS, Opeth, Scorpions, Pantera, DOWN and Maroon 5 to name a few. I probably listen to Danzig and Queen the most. I also li...

• Roadie
  • What are your favorite bands/singers? I like just about every genre of music but my favorites are.............. Danzig, Queen, KISS, Opeth, Scorpions, Pantera, DOWN and Maroon 5 to name a few.&nb...
  • MarcusG
  • Roadie
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes