Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

100 songs challenge

100 songs challenge

Hey guys, 

A friend of my challenged me to make a playlist with 100 songs by 100 different artists a couple years ago.

And it turns out it's actually quite a difficult challenge. It's tough to pick which are your 100 favorite artists and then select your favorite song by each, I have to say mine is still a work in progress. I'll post my latest update of the list here this week. 

It would be interesting if we all did this and shared our playlists here. It's a great way to get a quick sense of each other's music taste. 

168 Replies

I like this idea @meahtenoha ! I'll make a start to mine at some point but it will be in a random order as i would struggle to pick my 100 favourite songs in order of preference.

Here is my All TimeTop 100 challenge.

The most difficult has not been to find 100 artists but to not list 200, if not more. I had to make cruel decisions 🙂

This playlist is like a "story of my life". Behind every song there is a personal story, but it would be too long to develop here.

Note :

- The order of songs is almost by preference.

Running time : 6 h 28 min

top100-challenge.jpg .

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Great playlist @Soundofus ! However I get a feeling you have given us an indication of your age with some of your choices!

@Gidyin

I have only chosen artists passing the test of time. Maybe some younger ones will join the club in the future (there is already a few in the list) but yes, I don't see a lot from, let's say, the past 10 years, bringing as much feeling as the ones in my list and who have already passed the test of longevity 🙂

And about my age, it's not a discovery for members of the community team who know me in person 🙂

SoundofusSpotify Star

@Soundofus I'll need to keep guessing with your age but I'm thinking you are over 21 😉 Anyway just want to say again it's a great playlist, I can already see some crossover with some of my own selections.

I'll get to work on throwing this playlist together 🙂

Great idea. I'll get to work on it.

That's a great list. I fear there might be some duplication between yours and mine, when I've completed it but great songs are bound to appeal to lots of people.

I'm stuck at 60 and debating my next 40....

Great idea! I'm gonna think about tonight at work and work on it later. @Soundofus interesting to see what the story of your life was like 🙂

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

haha that's a crazy challenge!!! I have created a similar playlists a few months ago with my 50 favourite songs and I had a lot of problems just to select 50!!!  But... I will try to find 50 more songs.

Tspotify:user:sanik007:playlist:2uavJG84tW94f0Q3LbZbuT

Spotify Profile

What's a Spotify Rock Star and how do I become one?

Follow me on Spotify and Twitter

I'm on 126 tracks and struggling to whittle it down. Tomorrow the chop begins....

Here's my effort. Hope you all enjoy!

spotify:user:spiritofradio:playlist:0ux0Rb8ZYnM4KFPSy8GaLy

This is a great idea. I'm going to choose the songs that best represent the quintessential sound of the artist (this for some artist will be hard as each album is different but shall try)

@Sanik007 quite a few of the artists in this list will be in mine as well, such The Cure, Arcade Fire, Band of Horses, Bombay Bicycle Club, Death Cab. We have very similar music taste!

I'm working on finishing mine quite soon. 

Hey guys,

Here is my 100 song challenge playlist. Enjoy or don't 🙂

spotify:user:jazzwhat:playlist:4A7Nv6czzi9P8veDhp2xa1

I really enjoyed making this playlist. It brought back nostalgic memories of when i started listening to music. It's also roughly in chronological order. It's just interesting to see how i developed my music taste.

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

@spiritofradio

We have a lot in common, just you are a bit more 80s.

Something funny about the song "Voyage Voyage' by Desireless. I have to admit I danced on it at parties in the 80s.

But now with the time running it's the kind of song many people in France make fun about as being a good example of the poor music quality of the mainstream 80s 🙂

SoundofusSpotify Star

@Sanik007

We have some stuff in common 🙂 That's rather a sign of quality 😄

But I feel your playlist is more about favorite songs than artists.  🙂

SoundofusSpotify Star

Yes the Desireless one is a favourite due to its memories rather than its artistic significance.

Suggested posts