Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What are some of your favorite songs that are over 10 minutes long?

What are some of your favorite songs that are over 10 minutes long?

spotify:track:0Pp4rc3rZehn7F6HW7xiQs

spotify:track:3dZxziQOQ5pCfKttlw7Te0

spotify:track:5XI9hva1F1WCRSvNNYCK1w

spotify:track:2Dj59k8Rar55hTbzwCt2bK

Can't wait to hear what you guys are hearing! Hope your day is well and KEEP LISTENING TO MUSIC.

38 Replies

The first thing that came to my mind when I read this was Desolation Row by Bob Dylan. This masterpiece is a solid 11 minutes and 21 seconds long! Enjoy!

spotify:track:4n1ZGm3TxYmoYe1YR8cMus

Here are some good ones:

spotify:track:0ATxvG3F86ZPIsl09XCubb

spotify:track:6KnZOnWcs2dxRCbdBZusNF

spotify:track:51h0JFw6R8LQIB9q0GVdmG

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Definitley one of the most entrancing journies beyond 10 mins is Become Ocean by John Luther Adams.

Not exactly a song, but a very cool soundscape and cinematic narrative of climate change affecting the ocean and inevitability of rising tides: spotify:track:0Ne5itrohiBOTy425hrBGJ

It was also featured heavily in The Reverent movie, featuring Leonardo DiCaprio. Def set the tone for that movie for me!

There's only one recording of it. 

Enjoy! ❤️

Julian, congrats, but this is thread is for songs which are > 10 mins long. 

Be kind to your music and share in the right places.

Good luck!

@Musicologist His message is already removed! Really annoying those 'spam' messages. @ChristianReject Great topic! Here are some of my favorite songs which are over 10 minutes:

One of my alltime favorite jazz saxophone players:

spotify:track:1rD9sOqJSlzvLHtpuEW4El

And i looooove this funky jazz track by Donald Byrd, only 15 minutes long:

spotify:track:0FfxiP97Bj0tT5WcEiwmDo

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

One song that came to mind:

Telegraph Road by Dire Straits

spotify:track:6TSP9oSbXONHk39GHvOSs3 

Hi man,interesting topic 🙂

I can't say that i listen to a lot of 10+ minute long tunes but I have one great song in mind. The lightning strike by Snow patrol. I accually prefer the much shorter stripped version but this one is also good.

spotify:track:5RM1b5ARD9VSYE0qnuEHmv

I like this song from Pink Floyd's Meddle called Echoes. One can hear from this whole release the band was just starting to leave behind the experimental side some, and also starting to develop some standard musical tracks, but the band still had their long timed experimental edge when this release came out, given the running time from the title track. The running time from the release for the title track I have access on the Spotify service lists 23:32.

Great thread idea. A good way to remember some greats is to go to your 'Your Music' > 'Songs' and then filter by length. Here's what I've got saved:

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 'Storm' ❤️

Get your lugholes 'round this epic monster of a Post-Rock anthem... Clocking in at over 20 minutes.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1HfJV18PHF2UQqh4TuySBJ

pink floyd's "shine on you crazy diamond"...so long it's in two parts on spotify

spotify:track:6pnwfWyaWjQiHCKTiZLItr

spotify:track:21j1PsCiTaO8ZW88UZrh3A

Great topic, heres a bunch of mines : )

spotify:track:1fHutI7DMugrlKrMg1avhZ:small

spotify:track:1e1IiUItCGhp8LvU8aZ213:small

spotify:track:0wNkGjxuZwc9c6dLxhwscF:small

spotify:track:3zlS5ZTLyyX641nmehWqNi:small

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star

Opps ended up with a double post.

@yourninatchka

Hello:

Just some general FYI, Pink Floyd's Shine On You Crazy Diamond is in two parts on the original vinyl release as well, according to the albums wiki page:

"It was also lead writer Roger Waters's idea to split "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" into two parts and use it to bookend the album around three new compositions, introducing a new concept as the group had done with their previous album, The Dark Side of the Moon

Mostly an instrumental twenty-minute-plus piece similar to "Echoes", the opening four-note guitar phrase reminded Waters of the lingering ghost of former band-member Syd Barrett. Gilmour had composed the phrase entirely by accident, but was encouraged by Waters' positive response. Waters wanted to split "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", and sandwich two new songs between its two halves. Gilmour disagreed, but was outvoted three to one."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wish_You_Were_Here_(Pink_Floyd_album)

No biggie really, I just have been a long time Floyd fan. 🙂

This track by Four Tet always accompanies me on airplane travels...

spotify:track:4Re1AkwBLX7Rl5AAwRtr5d

@MartinStoichkov eclectic selection! 🙂 Just wondering, how often do you listen to an ambient track of 22 mins?

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

@Jazzwhatever well I`m listening to ambient tracks almost every night before sleep, just to clear my head and have a calm sleep ; ) 

Tracks above 10 min are rare thing in my library, but recently Brian Eno released a track which is almost 1hr long, and I ended up listening to it from the beggining to the very end  

spotify:track:7MMXFqR5OagEJbZLzkxTL6:small 

Do you listen to ambient tracks? 

I`ll try to dig an ambient topic in here, I`m always curious for a new ambient discoveries

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star

Suggested posts