Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's your favorite epic version song?

What's your favorite epic version song?

Using Autoplay can be a great tool of music discovery!

Thanks to it, I came across an epic version of spotify:track:0YPXkQthLWrhNGoKTbwCJ8 :

spotify:track:3yLvuPdRKQbVsyNXTiYte7 from the artist Hidden Citizens

This genre is very fascinating. What's your favorite epic version of a song?

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 
10 Replies

Hey Katerina! My favorite epic version of a song so far is Alala's version of the Ghostbusters Theme. 

I liked your choice as well! I actually just recently made a playlist titled The Best of The '80s and I also included (I Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight by The Cutting Crew. Please check it out and maybe consider following it if you enjoy it.

spotify:album:15sCEohjp4m3VBqAhbOwGc

Hey I hope this isn't a bother. I did notice you were a Moderator. In the last reply I sent to you I am unable to see the link to the epic version of Ghostbusters that I sent, and I am unable to see the link for my playlist that I pasted a link to in the last reply as well. When I pasted the links to the track and playlist in the post the information showed up before I sent them but I am unable to see them after hitting the post button. Are you able to see the track and playlist information on your end? Again, I hope I'm not being a bother, but this happened to me on a few earlier posts as well. 

Hey there @JohnHale,

Thanks for the suggestions!

It looks like the first song you shared isn't displaying properly - could you try editing your post to add it? 

If you've got the URI link of the track, you can paste it using the insert link button and it should do the trick. Here's how you can find the URI of a song.

If you're still having troubles, it'd be helpful to add a step by step description of the process so we can take a look 🙂

Keep us posted!

KaterinaModerator

Hey Katerina, Thank you very much for the considerate response.

I tried editing my response and I was unable to paste the link again. The Copy Spotify URI link option did not work for me. The steps I followed were clicking on the three dots to the right of the play button and to the right of the heart for the song. Then I clicked on the Copy Spotify URI link. Then I pasted this into the post, I then completed the not a robot CAPTCHA (i think it might be called) test, then I pressed post. After I pressed post there was not any visible imagery for the song, rather just the text for the URI showed up with no link or information to click on. Please let me know what you meant by typing "the insert link button" if you don't mind.

I also followed the exact same steps for the Copy Song link and that also did not work.

I greatly appreciate your help!

Hey again @JohnHale - thanks for that!

Sounds like there's a step missing in the process which turns the link to the Play Button. 

1. Once you have the URI of the song/playlist you want to share copied, click Reply in the Community
  2. Click the Insert/edit link button: image.png

3. In the window that pops up, paste the URI in both fields visible. Tip: If you want to see the small Play Button, add :small in the URL field like this:image.png

4. Once ready, verify the Captcha code and post 

Hope this does the trick for you! Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator

My current favorite epic version of a song is Weedpecker's cover of Black Sabbath's "Sweet Leaf":

https://open.spotify.com/track/0odsuyJDTyehmHaVhxmLVv?si=H7qJMRbUQaasMuNC2AJ78Q

AdamDamSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Katerina, thank you very much for all of your advice! You have been very helpful! I tried it the way you suggested this time. I inserted the link for Alala's Ghostbusters Theme epic song that is my favorite so far.

spotify:album:15sCEohjp4m3VBqAhbOwGc 

Hey Katerina,

Thanks again for all of your help with my last query. One other question I have for you is how do I get the @username link to appear in a post to another person? I would really appreciate your help on this topic.

Good one @AdamDam! I haven't listened to Black Sabbath much but the epic version was pretty good 🙂 

@AdamDam once you reach a certain rank, you should be able to type @ and a popup of users who have posted in this thread should show up for you. You can also start typing the username of the user you want to @ and you should start seeing relevant usernames until it you see it listed.

You can find more on ranks here.

Also, great pick from L'Orchestra Cinématique. They're one of my favorite artists, very impressive discography 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts