Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Songs in the Play Queue duplicate and repeat

Hey folks!

We've received reports that there is an issue with the Play Queue.
If some tracks get removed from the queue while shuffle playing the Liked Songs playlist, two of the last few songs in the queue duplicate and repeat multiple times.
Note: This may happen with other playlists as well.

Thank you for the provided feedback, this is now being investigated!

Hey there,

Thanks for all the help while our team has investigated and implemented a fix for this issue. Just make sure to update your app to the latest version and all should be good.

If you still experience the issue after an update, you can post a new thread on one of the relevant Help Boards.

Cheers!

Top Answer
Vasil

Hey folks!

We've made some changes backstage.
Please update your apps to their latest versions and let us know if the issue persists.
In case it does - clear your cached data and check again.

If it's still present - let us know what your device & OS are, as well as your Spotify app version.
Thanks!

Comments
echovoid
I've been having an issue with my shuffle lately where it will replay songs that have already played, but much more severe than any time it's ever happened before. As in, two or three songs will start repeating back and forth, sometimes three or four times in a row before suddenly going back to normal. This gets very annoying having to skip through several songs just to get back to my normal listening.
corndni
After letting a playlist play for a while (overnight,) it just plays the same 2 songs over and over again for about 2 hours. No clue how this happens but it’s happened multiple times
BakeUrStew

Exact same issue, mine ends up looking like this, I've had it happen on mobile and desktop. if I go into the queue menu and click on one the songs it selects all of the repeats. I've seen 2 songs repeat back and forth 10 times each. I saw this happen a few months ago, but it was never this bad and it stopped happening after a week or two. Whenever I listen on my computer I have open the queue to get rid of dozens of repeat songs. SPOTIFY BUG.png

kaworu_bloodpaw

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Dell Laptop

Operating System

Windows 11

Spotify Version

Spotify for Windows
1.2.0.1165.gabf054ab

My Question or Issue

Recently (yesterday and today), I've noticed that two songs will randomly repeat when I'm on shuffle. This has happened multiple times in at least 2 playlists and my Liked Songs. This is the auto-generated queue that was generated when I clicked on shuffle. I did not add these manually (see screenshot below).

I saw a similar post, but it was from a user on iOS.

Screenshot_20221222_021734.png
FrostWizard

At random intervals, my "random" queue repeats 2 songs 11 times before resuming the "random" pattern.

Plan

Free

Country

Australia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10
Spotify Version

Spotify for Windows
1.2.0.1165.gabf054ab

My Question or Issue

At random intervals, my "random" queue (select a playlist with shuffle enabled, play it, then enable the queue view to see what songs are coming up) repeats 2 songs a number of times before resuming the "random" pattern. See attached picture
NOTE this has happened 3 times in the past week or so, and first appeared roughly the same time as I started experiencing the following issue 
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Queue-disappears-after-closing-the-desktop-app/idi-p...

Hope this helps, thank you

Spotify Error.png
FrostWizard

The error has appeared again, here is the current song queue

Spotify Error 2.png
Vasil
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks!

While this is being investigated, in case you haven't already, please provide us with the following details:

• The time when you first noticed this issue
  • Your device & its OS version
  • Your currently installed Spotify version (if the issue is with the app)
  • Your browser (if the issue is with the Web Player)

Stay tuned for updates!

CWilsonLPC

Thanks for bringing this up, I already messaged SpotifyCares on Twitter, so here it goes

FIRST NOTICED

* December 10th

DEVICES

* Windows PC - OS Windows 11

* iPhone - 1.16.2

* iPad - 1.16.2

SPOTIFY VERSION

* First noticed on 8.7.90.459, still present as of 8.7.94.551 for iOS

* Spotify for Windows - 1.2.0.1165.gabf054ab

EXTRA NOTES

* This duplication issue was not present before any updates released December 8th, at least I did not notice it at the time since my playlist was at the end of its rotation (completing a loop of 6.5k songs)

* The duplication issue when deleting duplicates from queue highlights and deletes all duplicates

* Can confirm on iOS and Windows that dragging a song to change its location in the queue triggers the duplication (best shown if you load up a playlist, move the queue around, then immediately skip the song playing or let the song finish playing), when before December 8th there was no issue doing this

Abqreynomrn

The time when you first noticed this issue
- Approximately November 1, 2022

Your device & its OS version
Your currently installed Spotify version (if the issue is with the app)
- Samsung S22 Ultra, Android 13,
- Spotify 8.7.92.521

1. If this can't be fixed, I will cancel my account. It is my understanding Amazon Music doesn't have this issue.
  2. When is a repair expected? 
Musicismyaeroplane

December 23rd

iPhone XR OS 16.2
Spotify 8.7.94.551

Occurs in personal playlists and Spotify playlists. Queue appears normal and then begins playing same three, four or five songs over again in the same order, shuffle or not.