Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Unable to play music, all playlists appear empty

We've received reports from Android users that they're unable to play songs from Search. In addition, all playlists in the app appear empty. This is currently being investigated.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience and input so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now since we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, it's recommended you keep the app up to date so that you're always running the latest version of Spotify.

Take care.

Comments
Jasper-ned

Plan

Premium

Device

Macbook Pro

Operating System

macos

My Question or Issue

How to sort my playlists alphabetically on desktop? In the mobile app they are alphabetically sorted automatically, so they should be able to sort the same way on the desktop version, right? but how?

Jeremy

Hi there @Jasper-ned,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community.

You should be able to sort your playlists after Titel right above the songs to the right in the playlist next to search.

If you don't see it, can you let us know which version of the app you have?

It would also be great if you can provide us a screenshot so that we can have a closer look directly from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

Jasper-ned

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for you reply. The version I use is 1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a. 

Regarding the sorting I am referring to the quick access list of playlists on the left in the screen. (see attachment).  I see no way to sort it automatically.

Hope you can help, thank you.

spotify playlist on the left.png
CarlosE

Hi again @Jasper-ned,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the extra info.

We're afraid it's not possible to order the playlists in the left panel automatically, but you can click and drag each playlist to your desired position. You can, however, sort your playlists alphabetically within Your Library > Playlists, clicking on the drop down menu in the top right corner and selecting the sorting you'd like (this sorting doesn't change the order in the left panel).

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers!

Jasper-ned

Thank you Carlos, it's unfortunate this cannot be done, as I use mainly playlists. With Tidal I don't have to sort manually, perhaps Spotify will follow and solve it some day.

Cheers!

mateusz-w
On mobile app after last update I cannot play any song or even view list of songs in any album including "liked songs" nor any other album. I cleaned all cached data, log out and in, reinstalled app and restart my phone but it did not help at all. I tried at least 3 different wifi connections as well as mobile data internet connection but it did not make any difference. I am getting either blank page or vague "Something went wrong" message regardless when trying to play something or open an album. Desktop app still works just fine.
maybe its bc i have an ancient phone but c'mon, even an apk worked, i was excited about finally getting spotify premium but nothing works on the app, the recommended playlist are empty, my old playlist and the podcasts too.
I already deleted the app cache and uninstalled the thing like a trillion times pls help
It works perfectly fine on pc tho
nickfaraujo

A new update was released for LineageOS 18.1 April 12th, 2022 and after the installation the app does not load anything. Apparently no internet connection. My playlists are there, the thumbnails. On opening any playlist only the local files are shows (though unavailable, I think mine were added to the playlist a long time ago through the PC and not on the phone itself). If there are no local files nothing is shown, only the name of the playlist with no tracks. The playlists appears only on the home screen. My library is empty and no artists or albums load either. On the home screen the thumbnails are there. Other pages don't have any images.

Screenshot_20220421-002104_Spotify.png
Screenshot_20220421-002119_Spotify.png
Screenshot_20220421-002131_Spotify.png
Tomtiti

Same issue here... Can't use Spotify at all anymore. My library is completely empty and none of the playlists show tracks (even Spotify playlists)...

Please help!

Tomtiti

Ok found a solution! Just unmount your SD card Settings>Storage click the eject button and then try the Spotify app again. I set Spotify to use the internal phone storage now ... Hope it continues to work but so far it's fine for me...