Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App freezes and crashes when moving items in the song queue

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XS, iPad Air 2

Operating System

iOS 12.1.3

My Question or Issue

when trying to move items around in my queue, if I drag them past the top of the screen, the behavior gets very wonky. Occasionally, the app will crash all together. This has been occurring at least a week and has persisted up through the most recent app update and since before the most recent iOS update. 

I tried uploading a screen recording to show the odd animation behavior that occurs but I am unable to upload it from my phone due to it not being an MP4 file  

BEB35C40-F389-4158-865E-326E48B6FA47.png

Hey there folks,

This should be fixed.

If you're having troubles, please make sure that your device's operating system is on the latest updates available. You can also make sure to enable automatic updates for Spotify so your device is always rocking the latest version of the app.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd recommend trying a quick reinstall by following the steps here

However, if you're on the latest version of the app and your device's firmware and you're still experiencing this, we want to know. In that case, don't hesitate to post in our Help Boardsso we can investigate further.

Thanks!

Comments
evansimk

Attaching a video 

Allove79

1AFF083A-C050-4CA4-A65B-592485F27899.png

Loxer

Same here, iOS 12.1.3 and Spotify version 8.4.91 🙂

Jemi
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks, 

Thanks for letting us know about this. We've let the right folks know and will get back as soon as we have updates. 

In the meantime, and if you haven't already, reinstall the app, and if the issue persists, add a +Vote and comment the following:

• Spotify version
  • Device and OS
  • A screenshot (or video)

Thanks!

evansimk

I deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPad (iOS 12.1.3) and I’m still having the same issue. spotify version 8.4.91

E53379BC-B4EE-412B-A87D-9E1C07A0252B.png

Katerina

Hey there @evansimk@Loxer and @Allove79,

There's currently a newer version of the app available for iOS devices. Just to confirm, could you make sure that your app is updated on that version and let us know if the issue persists for you after that? 

If it does, please let us know the version you end up updating to and, if you haven't already, your device and its OS version.

We'll make sure to pass this on to the right folks 🙂

Loxer

Thank @Katerina!

Its fixed on my end 🙂

Neesons

Same problem here! 

iOS version: 12.1.3

Spotify version: 8.4.92.1055

Phone: iPhone 6S

Issue only happens when I am dragging a song up to the top of the screen, it sort of jumps back and forth and but eventually makes it. A solution I’ve found is to just move the song to the top of the list on screen, scroll up, and then keep doing the same until it’s at the top of my queue. I’ve tried restarting, reinstalling, and I have the latest version of the software. 

Jemi

Hey @Neesons, thanks for letting us know. 

There's a newer Spotify version available. Make sure to have your app up-to-date, and if it doesn't work, reinstall the app and let us know if it made a difference. 

Keep us posted 🙂

Neesons

@Jemi

Just updated and everything's working great! 

Thanks so much for the help 😃