Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple watch Series 3 users unable to use the app.

Hey folks,

We've received some reports about the app crashing during starting up on Apple Watch Series 3. The relevant team is already aware of the issue and a fix will be added to an upcoming update.

We'd recommend keeping the app up to date so you don't miss out on any fix.

Cheers!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
atough1

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Apple Watch Ultra

Operating System

iOS 17.3.1

My Question or Issue

Last week, the Spotify app on my Apple Watch Ultra developed a fault after I tried downloading podcasts to the watch. The watch app appears frozen, but in reality it has a 20-30 second lag when starting to be used. If I keep the watch screen active for that time, the app then works fine. 

As soon as the watch screen goes to sleep or I change apps and go back to Spotify then I have to go through the whole waiting process again before using the app as normal. 

I've reset the watch, deleted the apps on both iPhone and watch and that hasn't fixed the problem. Spotify customer support haven't been able to fix the issue for me either.

Any help gratefully received

Rossi1498

Thanks for confirming. Is there a rough time-frame we can expect a fix for this? 

Vasil
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks!

While this is being looked into, you can also take a look at the troubleshooting steps from this article.
We'll let you know as soon as we know anything new regarding this on our end 🙂

Thanks for your patience & keep your app up to date. Cheers!

Claireyc84

I haven’t been able to

open the Spotify app on my Apple Watch for the past two days. Nothing happens when I tap it, it won’t open. I’ve updated my phone and my watch, deleted, reinstalled and updated the app, unpaired and re-paired my phone. All other apps work ok. If I play the Spotify app on my phone, it doesn’t appear as ‘now playing’ on my watch. 
I don’t know what else to try. 

FergusN

Spotify has been working beautifully on my Apple Watch 8 until it wouldn't start yesterday. When I click the app, nothing happens. Everything else on the watch works fine. This is what I've done to resolve it:

1. Verified WiFi connection is the same as my iPhone
  2. Ensured Bluetooth is connected
  3. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app
  4. Restarted Apple Watch
  5. Restarted iPhone

Absolutely nothing works. When I click the app from the watch face. Same thing when I attempt to open it from the apps screen.

Claireyc84

Exactly the same as me. I’ve just got 3 months free of Apple Music so I can at least listen to something while out running while Spotify is failing. 

Mark_Ess

Same thing is happening to me. This just started happening yesterday afternoon, after my morning run. I use my watch so that I can listen to Spotify on my runs without having to take my phone— I always keep two running-length playlists downloaded onto the watch, and I’ve been using the watch this way for about two years. For context, the watch has always been a little buggy when I try to download new playlists, but I’ve never had the issue come up where the app consistently refuses to open at all. I’ve tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, opening and closing the app on my watch and phone, checking Wi-Fi, and resetting the watch from scratch.

Lc618

I’m experiencing the same issue and it’s very frustrating. I purchased an Apple Watch strictly to control my music on my runs. I have tried all the steps that they recommended, and none of it has fixed this issue. I chatted with support and they say it may be fixed possibly today, but I’m not optimistic. I tried to request credit for the downtime as I have a family plan and am the account holder. They were not willing to stand by their product while I’m paying for something that isn’t working.

doodim

Hi, I have been using Spotify on my apple watch (series 3 - version 8.8.1) for quite some time now, and out of nowhere the app won’t open at all on my watch. I tried everything — I restarted both my iphone and watch, unpaired watch from my phone and re-pair, factory reset the watch, checked the Spotify app, iphone, watch are up to date, uninstall and reinstall the app on both my watch and iphone, and even waited a couple of days to give the watch time to have the app installed properly. I thought it might be the watch that has a problem but all the other installed apps are working perfectly fine.

njphilli

Spotify app on Apple Watch Series 3 still will not launch from the Watch app. Is there an estimated time to resolution? This is disappointing as this functionality is a primary reason I subscribe to Spotify Premium.