Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist pages not loading on desktop

Hey folks,

We're receiving some reports about artist pages not loading on Desktop and Web Player. This is currently being investigated by the internal teams. 

We appreciate your patience and cooperation. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app and browser are updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
thehyperfusion
When I open my queue, my profile, my library, or anything such as that, it shows absolutely nothing. Just blank.
Nothing really else to say. Don't have any extensions/plugins active, so no bloody idea what's going on.
Cleared my browser (Firefox) cache & cookies twice for Spotify.
No dice.
DebraClark
I am unable to click through to any main Artist page on my desktop - it loads a blank page. Individual albums load just fine -- but not the main page. We're a label and this is NOT GOOD as none of the links back to Spotify from the artist websites are working.
dinomight

Hello there! I can't seem to replicate this issue on my own computer. Could you please see if the artist pages are working for you in the web player? If they work there (or on other devices) but still aren't working on desktop, I'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of Spotify to see if that resolves the issue.

dinomight

Hey @thehyperfusion , welcome to the community, and thanks for your post!

Just to make sure I'm understanding the issue, you're trying to use Spotify via the web player in Firefox and not the Windows desktop app, correct? If so, could you try accessing it from another browser or from a private window in your current browser to see if that makes any difference?

przemekp

Artist pages not loading on desktop.

DebraClark

This is NOT in the app - I'm talking about the web player -- which is where all the links are directed!

vpan

I can confirm this using the web player both Firefox and Chromium, regular and Private/Incognito modes. In addition to artist pages (clicking on an artist in a playlist, "Now playing" bottom pane, search results, etc.), at least the following also do not load:

Track playback, home page, search works.

vpan
dinomight

Ah, thanks for clarifying @DebraClark. Yes, I just tried this out and experience the same issue. It looks like several users are beginning to report this. I'm going to try to get more information about what may be happening and will get back to you as soon as I know anything.

DebraClark

I didn't realize the others wouldn't load either.  This is SO problematic - all our artists have links to their Spotify artist pages on their websites.