Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Developers] Intermittent error with email verification process

We're getting reports of intermittent issues with the email verification process on Spotify for Developers' website. Spotify is already investigating it internally and working on a fix. Please, give us more information about the steps you're taking and leave your +VOTE if you're experiencing this issue.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while Spotify teams looked into this issue.
We're happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks! 

Comments
mevans91

@Customer Cares

Plan: Premium Duo

Free/Premium: Premium

Device

Macbook pro (2021) / iOS iPhone 12 mini.

My Question or Issue:

I am unable to verify my email address.

When I visit "https://developer.spotify.com/dashboard" I get a message stating that I must verify my email address, 

mevans91_0-1692330463203.png

When I click on "verify", I get an email to verify my email address. Clicking on either link results in a page that says:

Well, that didn't work.
Let's try again. Hit resend to get a new confirmation email sent to [insert-my-email-here]@gmail.com.

Clicking on the resend email thing triggers another email, but clicking on the link results in the same thing.

I've tried changing my email address & confirming the new one. That didn't work. I also contacted support & they changed my email, which did not work.

Support directed me here and asked that I post.

CarelBurger

Having the exact same issue.

Tried with my google account and also by creating a brand new account too, but cannot get around this.

NinjaCat

Also having the exact same issue, is there a fix for this?

NinjaCat

Never mind I fixed it just now myself. At the top of this page click on your profile and go to settings. Click the email tab and have it send the verification email from there. Instantly worked for me this way.

NinjaCat

I stand corrected, it didn't make the error on the Dev dashboard go away.

mevans91

Yeah, looks like that's just for this site, community.spotify.com

I contacted spotify support, here: https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/. On Thursday they told me there was nothing they could do and told me to create this post. When I reached back out on Friday during normal business hours they bounced me around to a few support agents and finally escalated the request.

Supposedly they'll be sending me an email. I'll keep the thread updated.

In the meantime, I'd suggest anyone else who's having this issue reach out to support using the link above.

Itzwebby

I am also having this same issue. Every time I click the verify link it goes to  "

"Well, that didn't work."

Ouis99

I have the same problem. Do anyone manage to fix it?

gpspothome

Same issue here too

mevans91

Hi, 

@Customer Cares

This is still an issue.