Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downtime January 26th, 2023: Issues with Spotify.com

Hey! We've received some reports that our website www.spotify.com is presenting some technical difficulties so some of our services like the web player are being affected. Our team is already looking into this. 

Edit: We can confirm that this isn't limited to the Spotify website. The Spotify app on different platforms is also affected.  

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! 

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Julian
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

We can confirm this is already reported an our team is currently working on this.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

If you notice that something else besides the web player isn't working properly, please make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • Spotify link that isn't working 

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

乃卂乃ㄚ乇匚卄ㄖ0_Official

my spotify is down

乃卂乃ㄚ乇匚卄ㄖ0_Official

@Julian who reported it. cause i just put something up in the social & random page

Lamella

It's not just the web player. I am having difficulty loading the desktop app (latest version available for download) in Windows 11. Home screen just says "something went wrong," playlists are empty or missing many songs, My Library loads very slowly and when it loads many albums and songs are missing, cannot play anything, etc.

kaworu_bloodpaw

My Web Player was working when I first saw this. Now it's not. My desktop app continues to work, it's been open since 8:20 EST this morning, and I haven't closed it. However, the lyrics cannot load.

Would an approximate location be useful?

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎10/‎6/‎2022
OS build 22621.1105
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0

Chrome Version 109.0.5414.76 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Spotify for Windows
1.2.3.1115.gd61a8f5c

kaworu_bloodpaw_0-1674761636020.png

kaworu_bloodpaw_1-1674761680292.png

I know for a fact this song has lyrics. Saw them this morning.

kaworu_bloodpaw_0-1674762175413.png

synes7hesia

MacOS Ventura 13.0.1, having similar issues with the MacOS-native application, so this issue is not limited to the web player, as mentioned above.

unknownbreakdown

Having issues with my android and mac where I can't see lyrics. Also with my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) MacOS Big Sur version 11.7 my main home page won't load 

Version 1.2.3.1115.gd61a8f5c

for my phone, Samsung S22+ and its android version 13 and version 8.8.2.434

lonelyrat

Downloaded music seems to play fine however streaming music on Spotify seems hit or miss at best. Songs tend to flicker in and out of availability. This is happening on both mobile and PC. Lyrics also won't load.

Windows 11 Home 

Version 22H2

Spotify for Windows
1.2.3.1115.gd61a8f5c

iPhone 11

IOS Version 16.1.1

Spotify for IOS

kaworu_bloodpaw

This probably isn't very useful, but there are over 33,000 reports on Downdetector.

Also, I was having issues with the Musixmatch website today. Took multiple refreshes per page.

rickgreen

I am NOT a high tech guy.  But my issue is that when I use to open the Spotify app, I would have the app switch to my home receiver to hear music on my stereo.   It is not allowing me to do that now.   This has happened intermittently in the past but self corrected with turning the app off and on.  Now nothing is working to correct the issue.