Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Embed Playlist Code in an Email

I am trying to embed the code for a playlist in an email. It initially appears, but then it disappears. I am using mailchimp. Has anyone else had this problem? Do I just have to use a link instead?

Thanks!

Hey @C_M_K! Thanks for letting me know about this!

That's not cool! I've taken a look and right now it's not possible to embed playlists in emails. I recommend you to include a link to the playlist you'd like to share. If there's anything else, feel free to give me a shout! 🙂

Have a great day!

Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @C_M_K! Thanks for letting me know about this!

That's not cool! I've taken a look and right now it's not possible to embed playlists in emails. I recommend you to include a link to the playlist you'd like to share. If there's anything else, feel free to give me a shout! 🙂

Have a great day!

jmarris1

I've got exactly the same problem as above.

Trying to attach an embedded playlist to a Mailchimp template, it appears initially in edit and then disappears after save is clicked.

Is this option not available?

JennyBiddle

Yes, I have the same problem. I want to make it as easy for people to play music without having to click link after link, but it appears that spotify playlists/songs cannot be embedded in emails. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

PauletteR

Do we know when it's going to be able? 
I think it's a great resource and it should be possible. 

Hope this can be updated soon. 

tjfmorris91

Hi there, current Spotify employee here who is looking for an answer to the question asked in this thread. Has there been any progress made towards allowing playlists to be embedded into the body of an email? Either directly in Gmail or through Mailchimp?

thedominica

Hi! It is still not working! It appears in the editor, but when sent as an email, it disappears, both playlist and song embed.