Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free users on iOS unable to tap "and more" to open list of tracks on playlists

We're receiving contacts from users on iOS, who are using the free experience of  Spotify and are unable to tap "and more" to see the list of tracks when viewing a playlist. So far, this seems to not be affecting Android users or users with Premium subscriptions.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still experiencing this, it'd also be great to wait until the 17th of March, as we're always testing things and everything should be working stably by then.

Thanks!

Comments
CC212

Whenever I try to remove a song on my playlist by clicking the “and more” button below my playlist picture it won’t let me. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, I tried powering off my phone, and logging in and out of my account and it is not working. Can someone please help me. I am on an IPhone.

JumpGecko

I am also having this issue. I noticed it around 10pm PST today (2/11/22). I have already tried various things including logging out and back in, uninstalling and reinstalling, and even a clean reinstall and the issue still persists. It is present with playlists (both mine and others’) as well as with albums. I am on a second generation iPhone SE (currently running iOS 13.7) and am operating on Spotify version 8.7.4.1352 which is currently updated to the latest available version here in the US.

zurioma
I am also having this issue and have tried reinstalling and rebooting the app multiple times and nothing has been working. I am also on an iphone.
KhaZM

Also have the same problem. I’m on an iPhone SE as well, free Spotify, I was on an older iOS version but I updated to the newest to see if it would fix the problem and it didn’t. The and more button is there but it won’t open anything. It does work for individual songs though

Pow3r1

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 15

My Question or Issue

After about 5pm today I went to edit one of my playlists and realized that I could not view the songs within it. Thinking this was a glitch, I attempted to fix this multiple times through restarting and reinstalling the app but it will still not let me view the songs within playlists. This makes it very troublesome to edit playlists as this was the only way to go into them, see the songs within them, and take out/put in songs when wanted. This has been working fine for years until now.

I hope you can help solve this issue, thank you.

Eni

Hey folks!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

First up, we'd recommend logging out and then logging back in two times in a row on your phone. It sounds a bit odd, but it forces a sync between the account and your device. 

Additionally, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If you're still having issues, please you provide us with the following info so we can investigate further:

• your device's make, model and version of operating system
  • the version of your Spotify app
  • a screen recording where we can see the issue happening

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Stefieskates

This is happening to me as well! It’s quite frustrating to accidentally add a song to the wrong playlist and then not be able to go into the playlist and remove it. Also something similar happened last year where Spotify free users now cannot view individual songs on artists’ home pages or albums. It seems like Spotify is taking away features from free users slowly one by one in an effort to get us to pay for premium. 

Stefieskates

This is happening to me as well! It’s quite frustrating to accidentally add a song to the wrong playlist and then not be able to go into the playlist and remove it. Also something similar happened last year where Spotify free users now cannot view individual songs on artists’ home pages or albums. It seems like Spotify is taking away features from free users slowly one by one in an effort to get us to pay for premium. 

Calamitous

I have had the same issue but for much longer. I have reinstalled and that whole process but the problem has not resolved itself. I honestly don’t know what to do anymore. 

colinrei

After some recent updates I’m no longer to click on my playlists on iOS to view all the songs in the list. Sometimes this seems to work, sometimes it doesn’t.

I know that you’re not able to click on songs to play directly on a free plan on iOS app, but you were always able to select a song and go to the radio for that song.

What happened to being able to view all playlists songs? I’ve always used to be able to add songs to my playlist and view the playlist “all songs” to edit and remove songs… now it just doesn’t seem to do anything when you click on the songs to see them all.

See screenshot where it says “and more”. This does nothing anymore when you click on it.