Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Garmin Smartwatches not showing BBC Radio Podcasts

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Garmin Fenix 6X

My Question or Issue

Hi all,

I've been enjoying Spotify on my Garmin Watch for a few weeks now, but sadly BBC Podcasts don't appear at all, despite the fact that I follow them on my smartphone.

The issue appears to be limited to the BBC.

Can anyone help with delving a bit deeper into the matter? I'd very much like to listen to the BBC's content via the watch as well.

Cheers

Nick

Hey all,

Thanks for all of the info. We've let our tech team know, and they're investigating this. We don't have an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend keeping an eye out for updates to the app.

Comments
Guido
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey all,

We've received reports that Garmin Smartwatch users can't see the BBC podcasts.

If you are experiencing this issue, please hit +VOTE and leave a comment with the following:

• Model
  • Firmware/OS version

We'll keep you up-to-date in this Ongoing Issue.

muness

I no longer see BBC podcasts. Fenix 5 plus running 8.75 firmware  

Patthesplat

I also have this issue on Garmin Fenix 5X Plus.

Issue is that podcasts that are issued by the BBC don't seem to sync to the watch, whereas podcasts by any other provider seem to work fine.

I am on the latest firmware as of 4th October 2019

Magic_MLK

Hey all,

Running the latest firmware 4.10 on a Garmin Fenix 6X.

Would be great if Spotify could push an app update and resolve the issue with BBC podcasts.

Thanks!

Magi

ajlande

Same problem with Norwegian public broadcaster (NRK) podcasts. Reason to believe it's the same issue. 

Fenix 5 plus software 9.00 / Spotify 1.3.16 

Guido
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey all,

Thanks for all of the info. We've let our tech team know, and they're investigating this. We don't have an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend keeping an eye out for updates to the app.

Newbie_Nick

Thanks, Guido!

So does this implicitly confirm that the issue is technical and not one to do with copyright.

This would at least be a bit reassuring to all Garmin users.

Thanks

Nick

Carlpl

I also have this issue with the NRK podcasts. Norwegian public broadcaster. I use a Garmin 245 Music, software 4.00, Spotify 1.3.19

alexcs
  • I'm also having this issue. Vivoactive 3 music. SW version 5.4
  • Is there any progress on this? Pretty much the only reason I chose this watch over other rivals was the Spotify link up, and now there is a bug rendering pretty useless for all that extra money for the music version. I mainly only listen to BBC podcasts.
Tee9v

Same issue with podcast from NRK (Norwegian Public Broadcaster). All other comes up, but not from NRK.

Asked the publisher NRK on this, and they suspected this might be due to that they use "passthrough" on their podcasts, and do not actually upload it to Spotify. They said they do not think Spotify will do anything to fix this? Is this right?

Garmin Fenix 5. Software Version 10.00. Spotify version 1.3.21