Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Alarm Clock app stopped working with Spotify

Hey there folks, 

We've received multiple reports of the Google Alarm Clock not working with Spotify after the latest update. The default alarm plays instead - with the message "You are not logged into Spotify".

This is now being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Pixelburner

I have an alarm set up to use Spotify to wake me up every morning. For the last week or so, the default alarm plays instead - with the message "You are not logged into Spotify".

If I open Spotify, I'm clearly logged in. Then if I try setting another alarm for 5 minutes later, the alarm plays music as expected.

It appears that the integration between Android and Spotify is disconnecting at some point every night.

My device info:

Phone: Pixel 3XL

Android version: 12

Spotify version: 8.8.8.548

More info:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/10x204s/google_clock_alarm_logs_out_of_spotify_every/

dinomight

Hey there @Pixelburner, thanks for reporting this! I've been seeing the same behavior on my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G for the past week or so as well.

Android version: 12

I've passed this thread along for further investigation, but if anyone else experiencing this issue could also please reply with your device, Android, and Spotify versions, that would be a great help! 

Sefodopo

I have the same issue as well for the past week or so on my Google Pixel 7 (256 GB) Unlocked version.

Android Version: 13

Spotify Version: 8.8.8.548

Google Clock Version: 7.4 (504317960)

victoria_g06

I've had the same issue for the past week or so

Google Pixel 6

Android 13

Spotify Version 8.8.8.548

Bifauxnen

Same issue for at least a week now. 

Motorola moto e5 play

Android 8

automau5er

Same here

Hardware: Google Pixel 3a

Android Version: 12

Spotify Version: 8.8.8.548

Google Clock Version: 7.4 (504317960)

SouseisekiAmazing

Been having the same issue, but I talked to another friend with Spotify connected to her android clock and it hasn't been happening to her as far as I know. I don't know the device type though.

Motorola 5g UW

Version 11

Clock Version 7.4 (504317960)

Mdschmoo

Same. I use Spotify for my alarm and recently my alarm goes off with the standard pixel alarm tone.

Pixel 6

Android version 13

Spotify version 8.8.8.548

Google clock version 7.4(504317960)

Dresius

I have the same issue.

Fairphone 3

Android 11

Clock version: 7.4 (504317960)

RonMoses

Same here.