Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with playing tunes outside of Liked Songs or playlists on the desktop app

Hey there,

We're aware of issues with playing songs outside of the Liked Songs collection or playlists.

This is being investigated.

Hi folks,

A few days have passed, so the latest version which includes the fix should now be available to everyone! You'll find more info on how to update the app in this article.

Once again thank you all for the collective effort in aiding us during the investigation. You're awesome!

Cheers!

Comments
42towels

Same prob here. Artists and Playliste are synced with Web and Mobile App but last heared is not (and so last.fm is nither). And yes, the desktop version is behind a VPN and Proxy.
But it cannot be a network or whatever low OSI Layer prob because artists an playlists are synced, as I said.

Please fix this longrunning issue soon or provide a workaround.
I want my restent songs be shown all over my devices!
Thanks

KrissyChan

Hello,

I am still having issues with this. No matter how many solutions I try, nothing seems to fix it. It's been a problem for months, I don't understand how there isn't an actual fix. I've attached my error log, and I've tried the initial troubleshooting steps to no avail, along with turning other settings on/off randomly, including hardware acceleration. I've never had this problem before, it only started a week ago. For me, it's a step beyond what others are experiencing -- songs will ONLY play in playlists, they won't even play if I "like" them and I find them through the search function.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OjHnh_XbG5kNtNMYTXTHQ7rBmg1iRSNV/view?usp=share_link

Spotify for Windows
1.2.7.1277.g2b3ce637

No matter what song it was, if it wasn't in a playlist it wouldn't play. In this case, I mostly tried songs from Daft Punk.

samthewhamm

I've tried all of the solutions that I could find and nothing is working 😕 this really sucks, I can't even project the music from my phone to my desktop. I hope that this issue will be resolved soon especially since it doesn't allow the Listen Along feature on Discord to work which is the main reason why I'm paying for premium 

ddddddddddddd

mobile app and web player sync, desktop app doesnt. i cant see any devices, and when i search i cant play any of the songs i search for and playlists break too.

justin_notout

I've got an easy workaround solution:

Simply add the album you want to play to a playlist.

I hope the app gets fixed soon.

kelsh003

Has Spotify acknowledged this? Happening to me too on the exe version of the app and from windows store...

pulszero

Thank you! I didn't do anything mentioned in the top answer or did any update... but my Spotify went back to normal. I can search and play whatever i want. Worth the wait :))

Yordan
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thank you for your patience so far.

Considering the new reports we've received, the relevant team would like to collect some additional info in order to investigate the possible cause of this issue.

The following solutions worked for some users, so feel free to give them a try as well, if you haven't already:

• All methods mentioned in this Microsoft Answer.
  • Resetting the WMI Repository by running Command Prompt as an administrator and entering the lines below:
    winmgmt /verifyrepository
    winmgmt /salvagerepository
    winmgmt /resetrepository
  • Disabling your VPN.

In case the issue persists after trying the solutions above, please share the following:

• Timestamp of the last occurrence including your time zone
  • URI of the content
  • OS version
  • Spotify version
  • Log file using the steps below depending on which client you use

To create a log file, open Windows' Command Prompt (you can use WinKey + R and type "cmd" to launch it) and enter one of the lines below, depending on where you installed Spotify from:

• Windows Store Client:
    start Spotify.exe --log-file="%USERPROFILE%\Documents\spotify.log"
  • Spotify Website:
    "%APPDATA%\Spotify\Spotify.exe" --log-file="%USERPROFILE%\Documents\spotify.log"

The above will launch the Spotify app and create a log file called spotify.log in your Documents folder. Now try playing some of the tracks you're having issues with so that your actions are recorded in the log file. Give Spotify a minute or two of runtime, then quit the app and share the log file here so we can forward it to our tech folks.

If you're unable to attach the file here in your reply, you can instead upload it to a Cloud service and share the URL - just make sure the file can be accessed by anyone with the link.

Thanks for your help! As always, rest assured we'll keep you posted here as soon as we have any new information to share.

pathtracer

ngl, this is like the fourth time you guys have asked for log files recorded in the exact same way (ignoring the fact that it's ALL songs), and LOTS of us have provided them. at this point I feel like we should be seeing a rollback to an early-2022 version of spotify until corporate wants to provide the resources to actually figure out the problem.

edit: I did start having the issue again, after a few months of it working great. downgrading spotify to version 1.1.77.643 (from Jan 2022) solved it for me.

to anyone else who is still having this problem, I strongly recommend simply following the instructions in this video to downgrade spotify and prevent updates. if they ever decide to fix their software, it might be worth re-enabling and updating to the newest version... but until then, old version it is for me.

ArthasKeW

How bad is your company when I need to prevent the app from updating in order to get it to work properly lol?