Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with playing tunes outside of Liked Songs or playlists on the desktop app

Hey there,

We're aware of issues with playing songs outside of the Liked Songs collection or playlists.

This is being investigated.

Hi folks,

A few days have passed, so the latest version which includes the fix should now be available to everyone! You'll find more info on how to update the app in this article.

Once again thank you all for the collective effort in aiding us during the investigation. You're awesome!

Cheers!

Comments
kho_rin

been trying to solve this for a month now, no dice. back to my best friend, local files

lolzcalvin

Just to add some more information, this happens in Spotify for Windows 1.2.6.863.ge7902f05

Using Windows 10 as well. Been a premium member for ages. No problem on Android or iOS, only Windows.

donopotter
1. I checked if I was in offline mode and it was not.
2. I uninstalled Spotify and reinstalled through the site.
3. I uninstalled Spotify and reinstalled through the Microsoft Store. It
4. I reset my pc's cache (temp files, appdate & more)
5. I reset spotify cache.
6. I have disabled hardware acceleration.
7. I checked and the firewalls are configured correctly.
To sum up the problems. I can play music in my playlist and liked music. I can listen to podcasts too.
But since I use the search function, I can't listen to artist music. I have to add them to a playlist or to my favorite songs so that I can then go and listen to them in the playlist or the likes songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXO0HYpjYt0
MaximumHats

@kho_rinYeah, I'm about at the point where I want to buy a DAP and just manage my own music library. iTunes works fine since Spotify doesn't function on my machine anymore, but it's all a bit of a pain. DAP, SD card, and my own headphones without a dongle? Starting to sound like a really good idea.

SgtValle

So I experienced this problem for a couple of months now and randomly came upon the fix that did it for me. 

Press Windows+Q and type "cmd" into the search bar that pops up. 

Right-click and select Run as Administrator

Enter the following commands into the command prompt window one at a time. Press Enter after each command. Any time you get a confirmation prompt, confirm the prompt. One of the commands may also tell you the WMI service is already started. This is okay.

• net stop winmgmt
  • winmgmt /resetrepository
  • net start winmgmt

Now, exit the command prompt and restart your computer.

lolzcalvin

The winmgmt trick doesn't solve this issue on my end unfortunately.

I do have a log file for the dev team to take a look at below:

Spoiler
donopotter

Worked Thanks u @SgtValle 

Kanberals

It's now gotten to the point where I can't play anything at all on spotify, unless I queue my own playlist AND THEN manually add another from same playlist to the queue. It skips the queued song and randomizes my playlist in which case.

Hoping for some months refunded, because this is getting out of hand and is honestly insanely infuriating, considering it's a paid service. Log file on Pastebin 

ErickMusic
Recently I am trying to listen to music on my PC but nothing is working. The only thing I can use is the webplayer, but on the PC application, it started only making me be able to listen to music in playlists only, then when I try to listen to different artists/ queue different music it did not work. And now I just can't play anything on the application.