Premium

Country

Colombia

Device

Motorola g7 Plus

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

The canvas disappeared and I want to activate them, try another account and if this is working, but in my account it does not appear, I already uninstalled the application and erased the data and even reset my device And the canvas does not work, all the solutions in other forums does not work, i need a real solution, and quickly

Screenshot_20200607-121441.png

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed - just make sure your app is updated to the latest version. If you're not seeing Canvas in Settings, perform a clean reinstall of the app on your phone.

In order to enable Canvas:

- Make sure Data Saver is OFF
- Under Playback, Canvas should be ON

Note: Not all songs have a Canvas, and the feature is gradually being rolled out, so it's not available in all markets yet. We'll post an update here when we have any new info to share on this.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
MekzNL

I started a support chat recently and the only thing I was told was that I should wait until they finish testing it. Testing for 2 years?? Until the time the so called test is finished, some computer would choose randomly who is getting the feature and who not. 

But I tested it by making some new accounts and everytime those free accounts get the feature. I don't understand it anymore... 

jujudelgado87

Yeah, it kinda sucks. I have to ask my bf to show me the canvas sometimes. Same device, both on Premium Family. 

Spotify is loosing its touch on the app.

Freezybang

A year already passed. I am ending my subscription to Spotify.

jazaphine

Plan

Premium

Country/Region

Hong Kong

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note10+

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I used to have canvas feature on my Spotify with Android (Samsung Galaxy Note Series) for years. Didn't know when it just disappeared from the Spotify settings. I tried a number of suggestions, e.g. updating Spotify app, clearing the app data and caches, allow all permissions of the app, logging off and on the account, from the community and some other sources, but the problem remains unsolved. Noticed many users reflected the issue since 2020, why does it still exist in late May 2021 without clear answers?

Please kindly help. Thanks.

Screenshot_20210521-130635_Spotify.jpg
ccarver5

So it sounds like Spotify never resolved the issue for anyone and it’s been at least a year…

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 14.5.1

I already updated my phone, clean reinstalled, force quitted, logged in and out and change my password about a million times. Yet I still cannot get back this feature. I really miss it as I really loved the visuals. PLEASE do not make me a part of tests that I DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE to be a part of. I want out of this**bleep** explanation that Spotify has running tests. My Canvas has been gone for so long, like many others, yet Spotify is giving shitty answers and not fixing it? What exactly are you testing here? Your paying, Premium customers' patience? It sure feels like it. Disappointing.

jujudelgado87

Come on Spotify. We love you but fix this thing or at least explain to us how to fix it. I would do anything. 

I shouldn't have said I don't like the Canvas featured when it came out years ago, hahaha

luvfaghā

plan

premium

country

malaysia

device

vivo y12

operating system

android 11

my issue ;

so i didn't have canvas on my main account even though i have premium. then i make new account to see if other account can use canvas or not and canvas work perfectly on my new account. so are they some problem on my main account ? btw i login my main account using facebook and my other account is using email ( sorry for my bad english , english is not my first language )

bellaisannoyed2

It baffles me that for over 2 years so many people have been struggling with the canvas feature, and typically seeing individuals with a premium account unable to access this yet when they cancel their premium account and it becomes a free account they are then able to access this again. So please please seriously consider sorting out this issue with canvas, its a great feature for the listeners to feel more connected to an artist who publishes a video to the song which can only be seen on the app. This cannot be a running issue for over 2 years and not be sorted out.

jujudelgado87

I cry everytime I see my boyfriend's phone with canvas