Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Downloaded playlists do not load without an internet connection

Hey folks!

We’ve received multiple reports that Android and iOS users are unable to play downloaded content while using offline mode. You might get stuck on a loading screen or get an error message saying "Something went wrong. Try again?". 
This is being looked into.

Hey folks,

If any of you have already sent us some of this info, make sure to reply with the remaining details. 
Here's all we need:

• The exact make & model of the affected device + its OS version:
  • The exact Spotify version you're running:
  • If this is happening to downloaded playlists or albums for you:

Many thanks! We'll be on the lookout.

Comments
ElOsoKing

Cuando intento inicia me aparece como si no tuviera internet y mi cuenta no se inicia 

Plan

Free

Country

Santo domingo 

Device

Redmi note 12 pro 

Operating Syst

Android miui 13

My Question or Issue

Quisiera saber cómo resolverlo ya he intentado todo 

MihailY

Hey @ElOsoKing,

Thanks for reaching out.

As a first step, can you please try restarting your phone? If that doesn't help, try clean reinstalling the app.

If the issue persists, try using a different internet connection and see if that makes a difference.

Let us know how it goes.

ElOsoKing

I already tried it, it still doesn't work, I think that would be an incompatibility with my device, I don't know

Eni

Hey there,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Just to confirm, is this happening across devices or only on your phone?

On another note, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to check if the same happens while using a different account?

Lastly, sending us a screenshot of the error you're getting would come in handy. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

simon7212

Habe genau das gleiche Problem! Gab es eine Lösung, wenn ja wie? Wäre sehr dankbar

OscarDC

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Hope you don't mind me replying in English as this is the official language of the Community.

With a Premium subscription, you should be able to listen to your downloaded albums with no issues. Taking into account that your downloads are stored on your device as a cache, this issue is commonly related to damaged files that may affect the proper behavior of the downloads. So in this case, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article.

If the issue persists, would you mind checking if this happens with all albums or just specific ones. If it's just some of them, could you include the URI in the next response to take a better look?

Lastly, include as well the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

simon7212

I've already tried all the steps that seem obvious like logging out and in again, reinstalling the app, deleting all downloads, clearing cache, etc. Unfortunately the problem still exists. Sometimes it works but as soon as I close the app and open it again a large part of my library doesn't load. It's the same loading screen if you click on an album, that you didn't download while offline. And no it's not always the same albums... I'm using an iPhone SE (iOS 17.3) with the Spotify Version 8.9.10.606. Problems like this really upset me because I listen to a big part of my music offline. I would be very greatful if someone got a solution!

solofade

Hello! 

We're in NZ for the next 3 months and I do not have a cell plan so I'm using and calling from my phone on WiFi only. I have airplain mode on constantly so I don't get charged any roaming data from my us carrier I can only use downloaded content out of the house, so I downloaded 10G worth of "High Quality" playlists and albums. When I turn on "offline mode"... nothing. I can't play any of my downloaded content.

I recently thought I would give this a shot after using Pandora for years. The music selection is great and auto playlists based on artists are way deeper cuts. I just want it to work!

Plan

Premium

Country

NZ

Device

Pixel 6a

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

Eni

Hey @simon7212

Thanks for getting back to us. 

That's odd. Would you mind checking if this happens across devices or only on your iPhone? It'd be also helpful if you could tell us if you've noticed this behavior from the beginning or if it started happening after a specific event such as an update, either of Spotify or the OS of your device. 

On another note, to rule out if the issue is account-related, could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your device and check if they can replicate this behavior?

We'll be waiting for your reply. 

JFades

I have the same issue since yesterday. I can listen to downloaded songs via search,playlists and podcasts. But when I click on a downloaded album it says I need an internet connection.