Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops on mobile devices. Progress bar stays at 0:00.

Hey folks!

We're getting reports from both Android and iOS users about the app stopping audio playback. This usually occurs after successfully playing 1-3 tracks without issues.

We wanted to let you know that this is being investigated and we'll keep you posted on how it goes in this thread!

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and sharing your troubleshooting info with the Community!

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Elena
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

Our tech folks have made some changes to the Android app, so this behavior shouldn't occur anymore. It's worth trying some troubleshooting steps, if you haven't already, for example a clean reinstall, using a different network or a different device, clearing your cache, etc.

In case you're still experiencing this issue after giving the steps above a shot, make sure to provide the following info:

• Your device's make, model and OS version.
  • The version of Spotify you're running.
  • All troubleshooting you've tried so far.

Thanks! We’ll pass your details on to the relevant team, who'll look further into it. We'll keep you folks posted here as soon as we have any updates on this.

gitto3

I've been using spotify for 3 years but all of a sudde my music stop playing after a few songs.When theres wifi it plays every sing well exept the downloaded songs. I've tried seeing if its a storage problem but theres plenty of space and downloading it didnt do anything. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(Samsung Galaxy A21

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Heino

I have the same issue on one of my accounts (Duo Account). The other account works fine.

Kenny_Ngan

i just test changing account, i start a new account with google account that is no problem.

But i change to my main account(Facebook) the problem show again even worst just skip 2 songs and then stop do not play.

Even using an forum seek for help still can't fix it..........

Although i am using student premium, the experience are worst than the free one...

SkullRunner

Thank god I am not the only one with this issue I thought I messed up my Spotify

Javierdreaum

I have the same problem. It plays music again when i enter to the app info and i close the app from there. But I play the music and fail again after two or three songs. 

Romin4

I have the Same issue on my  Motorola g30 (android). Premium user. 

Gvelazquez

Premium user. On a Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE (MIUI 13 / Android 12 all latest patches)

Same issue, regardless of network or any possible fix tried. The app stops playing, doesn't matters if is on random playback or manually selecting a song or changing playlists.

Kidonez

I'm having exactly the same issue. 

This problem started probably on Friday, i guess. The app just plays 3-4 then suddenly stops. The timer still freezing at 0:00 and that's it. Trying to scroll the  time bar doesn't help either. The app only " works" when I force-stop it. But it plays 3-4 songs and stops again.

There's probably something with the Facebook account, because when i logged in with my phone number, it worked fine.

Sorry about my English. 

OE2STN

Have the problem with stopping playback on Android whenever (guessed) a specific add should be played. 

Cleared cache and local data - did a clean install on Android 11 / oneplus 8T.

Issue started this week with end of premium account and playing songs with spotify free. 

Whenever the 'magenta.at' add should be played the player shows a Grey field - no sound no video - if I open the player and click on 'show more' it opens the 'magenta.at' page. 

All other adds seem to be played without problems.

Started to happen at home (Austria) in wifi and mobile network.

Now on vacation in Croatia lots of adds are English and Croatia - no problems - but the described problem still happens.

Only solution is closing player (removing from memory) and reopen.

Then I am able to play the next song.

In Croatia no difference between wifi or mobile network.

Happened today 0600 / 0720 / 0745 (just now again...)

Timer of the add stays at 00:00 of 00:25 and never changes - pause/play does not change anything.