Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist won't play when Enhance is toggled on

I have noticed that multiple people, throughout several platforms, have encountered a bug/issue where the playlist will not play when playing a playlist that has been enhanced.  

After testing it out for myself, i too have encountered the issue.

Here is how i encountered the bug.

1. Chose a playlist that hasn't been enhanced
  2. Played a song 
  3. Clicked on enhanced
  4. Song selected continues to play but next song stops playing and won't play unless enhanced is turned off. Also occurs if you try to skip or select a different song.

For those who have encountered the issue please upvote/comment your experience on this thread.

Happy Listening!

Keanu_C

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
nelson_redmond
Spotify will play song in a playlist if its not enhanced but the second the playlist is "enhanced" it refuses to play. Tried closing the app, turning enhance off and back on, trying it on my computer, playing a song then enhancing the playlist (it immediately stops the playlist and won't play).
BlackPink

Same issue on my end on both Desktop App and IOS since yesterday.

When enhanced is on, I cannot play any songs in the playlist regardless of if song is already in the playlist or a recommended song from enhance, play button is greyed out. Once enhanced is off, playlist works fine.

If I am already playing a song from the playlist and then turn on enhance, once the song finishes playing it will not play the next song either until enhance is turned off. 

On PC, I have tried clearing Spotify cache, restarting app and PC, resetting app, uninstall and reinstalling app. Also tried to create a new playlist, enhance on and off and replicates same issue each time. Did not resolve issue.

On iPhone, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling app, closing app, restarting iPhone. Did not resolve issue. 

Current version on iPhone:

Spotify version 8.8.2 on IOS 16.0 on iPhone 11 Pro Max

Current version on Windows:

Spotify for Windows
1.2.3.1115.gd61a8f5c

sebbeg

Android user here, it also started happening to me.

i’ve reinstalled the app multiple times and reset my phone multiple times as well. but when i play my likes songs with the “enhance” button on it and does not play any songs. but as soon as i turn it off it begins to play my liked songs, i don’t like this as i love to have songs put into my likes to listen to.
SomeIdiot

I have exactly the same issue. I tried it all, clean install, clearing cache, none of it works. The only way is to turn off Enhanced. 

JChambas12

I am having the same issue too! I cannot hear any of the playlist I have created but can listen to playlist other people have made.

Eyce-1987

I'm also having the same issue , enhanced playlist will not work, if turned off, playlist is fine and I can listen. Was working earlier today but for some reason it isn't now. Tried reinstalling, clearing cache, clearing data, log out of all accounts, reboot phone . No luck in finding a resolution.

AmaniHiphop

The "Enhance" feature in Spotify is designed to improve the audio quality of the songs in your playlist. It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with the feature where it's not working properly and preventing you from playing songs.

Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check your internet connection: Make sure that you have a stable internet connection. The Enhance feature may not work properly if your connection is weak or unstable.

• Restart the Spotify app: Close the app and reopen it. Sometimes, this can resolve any issues that may be causing the problem.

• Restart your device: Shut down your device and restart it. This can help clear up any issues that may be causing the problem.

• Check for updates: Make sure that you have the latest version of Spotify installed on your device. Updating the app can sometimes fix bugs or compatibility issues.

• Check your device's settings: Make sure that your device's settings are not causing the issue. Try disabling any special features that may be affecting the way the app is working.

• Try disabling the "Enhance" feature: Try disabling the feature and see if this resolves the issue.

If none of these solutions work, it might be a bug on Spotify's side. In that case, you can contact Spotify's customer support for further assistance. They might be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and provide a solution.

Any playlist I enhance will simply not play anything, but once I press to un enhance it it starts playing
Jjdbendz

Mine was working fine in enhanced mode till this morning now it says I don't have internet connection when I try to play a song. It works if I turn off enhanced mode