Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Repeat One restarting midsong

We've received reports that if a song is on Repeat One it will not restart from the beginning but several seconds or minutes into the song. This occurs on all platforms.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We're happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
After I loop a song, the song starts in the same place that is not 0:00. It is annoying that I have to manually put it back to the beginning.
laocane

Playing one song in a loop results in that very song being initially played from the beginning to the end but then it does not restart at 0:00 but a lot of the time it restarts at, for example, one minute from the end.

This behavior was observed on Google Pixel 5a android 13 build TQ3A.230805.001 app version 8.8.72.630.

This behavior was also observed on Mac Apple M1 Pro macOS Ventura version 13.5.2 (22G91) desktop app version 1.2.20.1216.ge7a7b92f.

martinweiss

I am running Spotify for macOS (Intel) 1.2.20.1218.g02aff7a4. I am having an issue where I play a song and have it set to repeat and once it ends, it skips to the middle of the song. This only happens if the song has been repeated several times already. For example, I have been playing a song on repeat 5 times and it ends. On the 6th repeat, it skips right to 0:42 and not 0:00. This has happened with various songs. One time from 3:31, the end, to 0:42, and from 7:46, the end, to 3:23. I played a song on repeat for over an hour on my iPhone today with no issues. This seems to be a macos issue so far. I am a premium user. 

Joan

Hi @laocane,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• When did this start happening?
  • Does this affect everything or only specific content?
  • Does this happen both in and out of playlists? Does it matter if the playlist is created by you or not?
  • A video of the behaviour. If the files are too large to attach here in the Community, you can send them to us via Google Drive or as unlisted YouTube videos.

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

martinweiss

I am still having this issue and now on iPhone. As I said in my post, this behavior happened after 5/6 repeats. It recently happened after just one repeat. My app version is 8.8.72.623. 

laocane

Thank you for your response!

• When did this start happening? -> i noticed it somewhere around September the 24th 2023
  • Does this affect everything or only specific content? -> i noticed this behavior in two different songs
  • Does this happen both in and out of playlists? Does it matter if the playlist is created by you or not? -> only happened in "liked" songs, did not check other playlists or sole songs
  • A video of the behaviour. If the files are too large to attach here in the Community, you can send them to us via Google Drive or as unlisted YouTube videos. -> it stopped happening to me for some reason, i'll provide a video as soon as this happens again
laocane

I recorded the occurrence on my phone.

Please find the responses to your questions in my previous comment.

See link below.

https://youtube.com/shorts/nyqzqFECNgo?si=KON4qIlP45I9ZaAa

Kindest regards

Dian

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies and the extensive description of your experiences.

Let's start the troubleshooting with a clean reinstall of the app as described here. Did this bring any change? Does a different account behave the same?

Could you try switching the network connection as well?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

martinweiss

Here is a video from my experience:

https://youtube.com/shorts/AnQ62blv3s4?si=4HgV5pDMiAPMdwZl

I have crossfade set to 2 seconds so that is why it starts over at 0:02 remaining but keeps cutting back to 0:06 remaining. This is the first time this has happened with this song. I am running iOS 17.0.1 and Spotify 8.8.75.709. 

Eni

Hey @martinweiss

Thanks for your reply. 

Just to confirm, have you tried performing a clean reinstall of the app on your devices by following the steps in the link @Dian sent previously?

If the issue persists, would you mind checking if the same happens if you deactivate the Crossfade feature? Additionally, could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your devices to see if they can replicate this behavior with their account? 

Keep us posted on how it goes.