Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song/Podcast skipping when clicking/sliding the progress bar in the desktop app

Hey folks, 

We've received reports from some users that songs and podcasts skip to the next content in the queue when clicking on the progress bar to set it to a certain portion while playing. This is only happening on the desktop app. 
This is now being investigated by our teams.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Cheers!

Comments
mike_lmao

Turn off auto adjust quality in the settings tab then it will work 

Anqier

App: 1.199.8.78.0

Koguma

Spotify for Windows
1.1.99.878.g1e4ccc6e

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎10/‎3/‎2022
OS build 22621.900
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0

Changing audio quality to "Very High" seems to have fixed it for me.

aznamia

Yes. Stream quality set to other than Auto works for me.

tomicapo

Windows 11, installed from the Microsoft Store. Also happens if I'm playing on my desktop but controlling it remotely from my cell phone. Super annoying. And it's taking long time to get fixed...

leandro1010

Same here, skips song when moved forward. 

pocho_pr

Hi to everyone! I had the same issue on my desktop app. Changed the streaming quality to "High" and disabled the "HW acceleration" and thats worked for me.

Kaikai59

Same issue here, on browser and the app. Tried logging out of everywhere, reinstalling it multiple times. Nothing worked so far. At first, I thought it was only my Spotify, hope this is fixed soon!

Kaikai59

@pocho_pr I tried both things. Still didn't work for me, unfortunately. At least that fix works for some people, that's something I guess.

EDIT: It actually worked, disabling hardware acceleration and turning streaming quality to high. Tried it before didn't work for some reason but now it does. So for anyone having the issue, try it!

cvidal3

En mi caso funcionó el consejo: "Vaya aConfiguración > Calidad de audioy establezca lacalidad de transmisiónenAlta" que en mi versión es: "Preferencias">Calidad de Audio>Calidad del Streaming: Alta>Descargar:Alta