Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify BMW ConnectedDrive option not showing in iOS

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports from Spotify users on iOS devices, that the Spotify app is not showing in the BMW ConnectedDrive menu.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey there,

We're happy to share with you, that this issue was fixed!

It'd be amazing if you could give it a test run and let us know how it went. Don't forget to maker sure you have the latest version of the Spotify app and the most up to date firmware of your BMW head unit.

Cheers!

Comments
p_carrilho

Plan

Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

iPhone 12 Pro

Operating System

iOS 15.4.1

My Question or Issue

Hi,

since last Spotify App update on iPhone (8.7.28) some days ago, the Spotify BMW Connected App does not show up on BMW...

I've tried everyting (App reinstallation on iPhone, iPhone (re)pair with BMW, etc)...

Notice that other Apps are still working on BMW Connected (Amazon Audible, etc)

Regards

DrillerJones
I have exactly the same issue with this update of Spotify. BMW have confirmed that there has been no change to the iDrive software. The issue exactly coincides with the Spotify update mentioned above.
chrisragrimes

I’m having exactly the same issue

Mmystery

same here.

Doupi17

Hi, 

Same problem for me since the last update on iOs (8.7.28), spotify is no longer available in the BMW apps in the car. 

Amazon Music is still working, so the problem comes from Spotify ! 

Is that a bug or a decision from spotify ? 

Tony449

I have a conformation (call) from BMW that the new update from Spotify is blocking the app in Idrive. They told me that we have to live with that. So no further software update from BMW. The newer latest Idrive still works flawlessly with Spotify, they said. 😞

p_carrilho
so ... it's another evidence that the problem is the Spotify update and not the BMW iDrive
Mmystery

It shouldn't be an abstract decision in my opinion... No notice period or discontinuation... Probably we need a bugfix.

jdub73_1
...Well this answers one question but presents another : what version(s) of idrive do work, with the latest spotify build ?

I'm on 5 (i think) on a 2016 car and it's stopped working on the same timescale as every one else here.

Options seem to be :
Spotify fix
Upgrade idrive,
Upgrade carplay.

the second 2 are expensive. 😞
AndersBrohus

The Spotify option in my BMW has disappeared, after an update of the Spotify app.

Just had the car at the dealer which updated the software on the car and made sure nothing was removed from their side.

It looks like it’s a bigger problem with others also having this issue 🙈

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

iPhone

Operating System

iOS 15.4.1