Announcements

Spotify 'not available in your country' error when updating payment method

Hi, 

When I signed up for Spotify years ago I registered in Sweden. Since two years I live in Belgium and still cannot manage to update my payment details to my Belgian card since there is no "Belgian Spotify". The system keeps telling me that spotify 'is not available in your country'. Spotify works fine, but since my Swedish bank account is almost empty and I get paid to my Belgian account I really need to switch credit cards for the payment. Anyone with experience from this? 

Thanks

Hey folks,

The team have been looking into things here, and this should now be fixed!

If you're still experiencing the same error, we'd recommend: 
- Restarting your device

- Clearing your browser's cache/cookies

We really appreciate your patience while this was looked into.

Many thanks,

/M

Comments
allanboquillon

Hello there,

I have subscribed Spotify Family on 10/06/2017 in the UK. I am now living in France and would like to switch the country settings of my account to France.

I can’t change the country in my profile because the dropdown is disabled. So I have followed these steps for Spotify Premium : https://support.spotify.com/fr/article/How-can-I-change-my-country-setting/

I have tried to change my payment details with two different credit cards issued in France.

But rather than being prompted to change my account’s country settings, I had an error message saying :

« Your credit card seems to be issued in a country where Spotify is not available. Spotify is not yet available in your country. Please change your location or try different payment details. »

(Translated from French)

Can you please help me to solve this issue ?

Thank you very much,

erikmudde

I have an old account, for free, but want to upgrade to spotify PREMIUM

at the time, I has my country of origin as NL (netherlands)

now I want to subscribe, SPOTIFY refuses my credit card as it is a SWISS card, hence "from the wrong country".

I cannot change my  country in my profile - impossible.

so since I only have ONE email adress, and NO other credit card than SWISS, I cannot subscribe....

BIG PROBLEM

Maxim

Hey @salsa_sophia,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you let me know if you're using any Proxy/VPN that could be interfering with the country change on your device? You could try updating your payment method on another device or use another browser.

Maxim

Hey @allanboquillon,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you let me know if you're using any Proxy/VPN that could be interfering with the country change on your device? You could try updating your payment method on another device or use another browser.

Maxim

Hey @erikmudde,

Thanks for reaching out.

jmanooch

So I can't change my billing location from Sweden to US, no option in the payment window. It says Spotify is not available in this location. 

Any ideas? Have looked through other answers to this, but on the update page, there is no ... etc. 

Maxim

Hey @jmanooch,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you let me know if you're using any Proxy/VPN that could be interfering with the country change on your device? You could try updating your payment method on another device or use another browser.

jakemac1

Hi there,

I recently relocated to from the UK to Colombia for work reasons and I wanted to update my profile, Spotify Premium subscription and payment method to reflect this.

As of today my Spotify Premium subscription paid from a UK bank account is finished. However, when I try to edit my profile the only options I have for country are UK or USA. 

Furthermore, when I attempt to update may subscription with my credit card issued in Colombia I received a message (attached) stating that the card is issued in a country where Spotify is not present...this is definitely not the case with Colombia as the service is actively promoted here as far as I am aware. 

I am very open to suggestions on how to resolve this issue as I would love to continue using the Premium service but paying with a Colombian credit card.

Many thanks for your support.

Spotify Credit Card Rejected.PNG
jmanooch

No VPN, the issue is probably that I originally signed up as part of a subscription package via a telco partner. Seems like that bit is locked in, bc the list of telco partner is still listed on my sub page. 

Don't want to lose all my playlists if I have to start new account tho.

Ideas?

jmanooch

see screen shots

Env: prod