Spotify not playing a specific band

I've been a frequent premium user of the app for over 3 years across many different phones and devices (Currently a Galaxy s8) and I've never came across this issue. About 2 days ago the app would not play any songs from the Arctic Monkeys (My favorite band), not even if they were downloaded, from singles, EPs or LPs. All of the other artists/bands work perfectly fine, even Arctic Monkeys singer other projects work. I've already reinstalled the app twice, disconnected all the devices via the website, cleared the local data and redownloaded the songs to offline play. But still everytime their songs come up on a playlist the app skips them and I can't even select them directly, either to my saved songs or thru the band's page, it just says the artist isn't available, even though it was 2 days ago

Hey all,

Thanks for sharing your reports on this.

We’ve had word that this should now be resolved across all devices.

If it’s still occurring for you, please ensure that you’re running the latest version by following these steps.

Thanks!

Comments
LaurelBurnett
Totally Agree
I have SO MANY PLAYLISTS with Spotify - but EVERY SINGLE playlist has at least 1 or 2 (different songs/artists) that are no longer playing. WAY to many to have to sit and list. It seems every day there are more unavailable songs. I am slowly switching to Apple Music -
Will cancel Spotify at end of month. It’s really **bleep**ty but it is what it is. Why - all of a sudden to we have to uninstall , reinstall etc etc
It has affected my playlists and I have to spend more and more time at night prepping playlists that were set before.
Stnichris

Where can i get older version of spotify for android?

sjzaluk

Downgrading doesn't even work for me.  This seems to be a version and account issue.  If I use the latest version using my account I can't play any Metallica song.  If I just log myself out and log my wife in, it works fine for her.  Once I log back in it fails again.  It seems to be manifesting itself in different ways.  Hopefully they can find a fix for this soon as it's becoming really intrusive now.

Stnichris

I downgraded my android spotify app, and disabled auto update. Everything now works fine. 

MonicaM_Bogota
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi, @ivanorte!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Could you let us know what devices, operating system and Spotify version you're using? Also, could you  try the steps here for us :

1. Log in to your account page on our website and click Offline devices in the menu on the left.
  2. Click REMOVE ALL DEVICES.
  3. Reinstall the app with the steps here.
  4. Save your offline tracks again.

If that doesn't work, please remove the SD card, if there's one, reinstall the app, then reinsert the SD card again to see if it makes any difference.

Let us know how it goes. 

JiMy360

Hi again @Aimee_T. The error message is this;

"This song is not available.If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

I was got no problem with my phone (Android 8.4.11). But after you asked, i just wondered and updated spotify in my phone to Android 8.4.23.784 and it all messed up.Now i cant listen same artist in my phone too. "This song is not available" it says. Definitely its from the update. It's obvious and inarguably from the update. 

Now i need to wait for two updates. One for Android and one for PC.

Thi_lc

Can't play Pearl jam and Katy Perry

PLS FIX THAT I PAY PREMIUM FOR THE FULL SERVICE

JCLIHO

I'm having the same issue with Bruce Springsteen and Pearl Jam. I sometimes got it to work when playing on my car, connected thru USB and Offline. I hope they fix this soon.

Danluvsinger
With BRUUUUCE??!!!! darn you, Spotify!! Now this is going to far!!!
Ok, whew... works on my iphone 6s. Lucky for you, spotify and very sorry
to the person who can’t play him!

ninuzzo

Same Problem