Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stuck on logo screen on iOS

We've received reports from iPhone users running iOS 16.3 and 16.3.1 that the Spotify app won't load past the logo screen. This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

We really appreciate your understanding and cooperation while our teams were working on a fix! 

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
_Pettson
Running iOS 16.3 and Spotify 8.7.94 and i tried reinstalling and clearing cache
OscarDC

Hey @_Pettson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've tried so far and the info you included in your message. To continue investigating your case, would you mind checking on a different device (using your own account) to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can borrow one from a friend or family member to test it out.

It would also be great if you could have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member, to see if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it could be account-related or not.

We'll be on the lookout.

_Pettson

Hello OscarDC! 

I tried on another device (13 Pro running iOS 16.1 and Spotify 8.7.90) and it worked no problem. 

My guess is the problem is related to the 16.3 Beta update that i have on my 14 Pro. 
Is there any indications from other iOS Beta testers that there is issues? 

Regards!

MihailY

Hey @_Pettson,

Thanks for getting back to us.

So far, we haven't had any similar reports, so if you're running a beta version of iOS, it's best to reach out to Apple Support and report to them directly the issues that you're experiencing.

Take care,

_Pettson

Hello! Yesterday Spotify updated to 8.7.94 and the problem is now gone for the iOS 16.3 Beta, works flawlessly. 

Alex

Hi there @_Pettson,

Thanks for letting us know that everything works fine again after the app has updated.

Cheers.

sfpatnyc224

I’m running iOS 16.3 on an iPhone 14 (just updated today - 1/23/22) and Spotify won’t open. It does work on all other devices. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled it and still nothing. It will only show the logo and then freeze. Any thoughts? Thanks!

salvo1404

Same issue on Iphone 14 Pro.
App won't open.

IOS 16.3 stock (updated today)
Spotify 8.8.2

Rebooted the iphone.
Clear cache
Reinstalled spotify from app store.

Nothing works.

Pjfranssen

Same here. Ios 16.3 update on iphone 14. Spotify does’nt launch anymore.

User146

I’m having the same issue, running iOS 16.3 and Spotify version 8.8.2

Any solutions?