Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Tinder] Wrong top artists STILL an issue

When I connect my spotify to my tinder account, I'm STILL getting "top artists" that I barely even listen to. This has been an ongoing issue for quite a while now. Granted I've listened to all of my "top artists" before at some point, some - most of them I BARELY listen to. However artists I listen to literally EVERY DAY don't show up? Why is this still an issue? I've tried disconnecting my spotify from my tinder account and then re connecting but the same artists show up. 

Hey @CreepyTaxi! Thanks for letting me know about this.

Tinder and Spotify are working together to take a closer look at this. Spotify will post any updates they have here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Top-artists-are-inaccurate/idi-p/1454590. Make sure you're always using the latest version of Tinder and Spotify. Let me know if there's anything else.

Take care! 🙂

Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Case Closed

Hey @CreepyTaxi! Thanks for letting me know about this.

Tinder and Spotify are working together to take a closer look at this. Spotify will post any updates they have here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Top-artists-are-inaccurate/idi-p/1454590. Make sure you're always using the latest version of Tinder and Spotify. Let me know if there's anything else.

Take care! 🙂

atbme

It's still broken. It works on competing apps like Happn.

It still doesnt work... also, it picks the worst in my col.

Laurenkerlinn

I'm a huge Spotify listener and fan, but this is absurd and super frustrating. It can't possibly be that difficult to resolve this issue and it seems to be getting swept under the rug. If Spotify wants to be taken seriously as a medium for music streaming and sharing, accuracy should be a priority. The last thing a music aficionado wants is to identify with a wildly inaccurate list of top artists on their profile.

lilnick80

Mine does the same thing and with Bumble as well.  Sometimes artists that I’m pretty sure I’ve never listened to.

tomassol

I have the same issue. April 28, 2018.

dageka

I also have this issue. Why can't we just pick our top artists ourselves instead of having this automatic generated list that doesn't work right?

Hubo

Hey folks, thanks for posting here.

Thanks for your patience. The right folks are aware and they're looking into this. Right now, there's no time frame for a fix, but I hope things are back working as soon as possible. If there's anything else, feel free to give me a shout! 🙂

Have a lovely day!

zak21

October 2018, almost November, well over 2 years since this was brought up. Incredibly frustrating, I have never once listened to Lil Wayne yet he shows up in my top artists, while Alt-J doesn’t, despite me listening to them for 40 mins already today. Please, please!! Fix this!!!!

galacticdesign

It’s still garbage