Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to search on the desktop app and Web Player

We've received reports from Windows users that they cannot search on Spotify using the desktop app or the Web Player. An error message or a blank page is displayed.

Hey folks,

This should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify or your browser.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Comments
The last several times I've opened Spotify on my PC, I've noticed I cannot execute a basic search. Nothing comes up for the most basic search terms like Beatles or Rolling Stones or just "you." My liked songs can be played but I cannot find anything new.
melkyman

came here for the same issue on desktop win 10

Susan_GP

Hi folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

First up, we'll need to gather more info about what's happening first. Does it happen when trying to search for anything? (albums, playlists, artists, Podcasts) And does it happen every time? or is it intermittent? Could you check if it also happens from the Web Player

Additionally, let us know if you've tried any troubleshooting steps to fix it (e.g., a reinstallation, a soft reset, or a different account).

Lastly, send over a screenshot of the results you get when trying to search for something. And let us know the Spotify version you have installed. We'll take a look.

We'll be on the lookout!

melkyman

uninstall/reinstall "fixed" it.

jeham

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Operating System

Windows 11 Pro

Spotify for Windows (64-bitar)
1.2.30.1135.g02fef27a

After the computer is woken up from hibernation the search function in the desktop app does not work anymore. I can enter a search word but nothing happens.

Everything else works in the app though, navigation, playing songs from playlists etc.

A restart of the desktop app solves the issue.

Possible cause is network issues. My usb wifi adapter probably goes into hibernation as well and takes a couple of seconds to wake up. Search component might have to reinitialize the network connection if it's considered broken.

wintercearignines

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify has been unable to load for the past week on either Web Player or Desktop app. Reinstalled 3 times and it has not fixed the issue. Clearing cache has not fixed the issue. Updating windows has not fixed the issue. Chrome and firefox are unable to load webplayer. Songs can be played off playlists but is unable to load the home screen or the search menu. Songs can still be downloaded and even updated playlists from phone, but is unable to search on PC. 

Screenshot 2024-02-09 180827.png
Yordan
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey everyone,

If you haven't already, try the following:

Web Player

Spoiler
  • open the Web Player in an incognito window
  • clear your browser's cookies and data
  • use another browser/device

Desktop app:

Spoiler

If the issue persists, please share the following:

• the version of your browser (for the Web Player)
  • the version of Spotify you're running (for the desktop app)

Cheers!

wintercearignines

All attempts did not solve the issue. 

Spotify version: 

Spotify for Windows (64 bit)
1.2.30.1135.g02fef27a

Yordan
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

This should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify or your browser.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.