Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Fans also like" section missing on mobile devices

"Fans also like" section missing on mobile devices

Hey folks, 

We've received some reports that the "Fans also like" section is missing under Artists' profile pages. The issue seems to be affecting both iOS and Android users.

This is being investigated.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Top Answer
Novy

Hey everyone, 

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this. 

We’ve checked with our teams and can confirm that this is currently a test. As you may already know, we’re always testing improvements and new features, so you might see something others don't (or vice versa). 

We appreciate you all taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it on to the right folks. 

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

70 Replies

since the most recent update that feature is missing from the iPhone and iPad app. it's on the desktop app, the web browser and the PS5 app. Bring it back!

IMG_0629.png

the attached image is from the Windows based desktop app. it is missing from the iPad and iPhone app

Hey there @JonathanDowdell,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. We moved your post from Ideas to the help boards as its content fits better here.

We've tested from our end but can't replicate the behavior you mention, as the "Fans also like" section is still present in artist profiles on iPhone and iPad. 

Just to confirm, is this happening on all artist profiles or can you see it if you check a different artist?  

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator

Seems to only be happening on my iPhone and iPad. a friend with an iPhon
can see it on their app.

it happens with all artists/bands for me. the first photo is from my app.
the second is from my friends.

The new update is awful. It took away the “fans of this artist also like… option from artists page. This is AWFUL because it makes harder for upcoming artists to be listened to and for us to discover new music. It’s a boomer you made this change that - in my opinion - is one of the worse you’ve made in recent years. For me it doesn’t have any function to be removed. Please put it back.

I’m also experiencing this issue on my iPhone. 

i felt like i was going crazy that it was only happening on my iPhone and iPad. totally bizarre. and it's only the apps that it's not showing up on. if i log on using a browser (Safari, Chrome or DuckDuckGo) it is there. 

I am having the same issue on my iPhone

the weird thing is....log onto Spotify from a web browser on your phone. it shows up there but not on the app on my phone or tablet. so it's not totally gone but for some of us it's missing on the apps

i have the app for my PS5 and it's there

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies. 

@Soup_n_Crackers, @JonathanDowdell, thanks for all the info you've sent so far. Could you try logging out and then logging back in to your account on your affected devices twice in a row to see if that makes the difference? We know it sounds odd, but this will trigger a sync between your account and devices. 

@chasechristian, @The_Davo_ ,could you let us know if you're still experiencing this? If so, make sure to send us the info @Vasil asked for previously. 

Also, sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end would come in handy. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be waiting for your replies.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I just tried that on my iPhone and it did not fix anything. 

IMG_0650.png
IMG_0651.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• Make, model and OS version of the affected device 

• The exact Spotify version you're currently running

• When did you start experiencing this issue?

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

NovyModerator

Same issue on Android. Days now. Please fix it, used to love this feature!

Same issue. 

Model: Xiaomi 11T

Spotify Version: 8.9.36.616

Have this problem since a couple of days.

Pls fix.

That happened to me too. I'm missing the "Fans also like" section a lot because I always used it to discover new artists. This has to be fixed as soon as possible.

1. The same is happening with me too. What a disappointment as that’s really one of the main reasons I use Spotify—to find new and related acts. Without this function on mobile, which I use most, I’ll have to seriously reconsider continuing as a subscriber. Please fix this. 

iPhone. Version 8.9.36.597

Happening to me too for nearly a week.

Pixel 7, Android 14, Spotify version 8.9.36.616

there was an update today but it is still missing. only on the apps for my iPhone and iPad. over the weekend i had a family member download the app and i signed in. it was not on there. 

if i log in on a web browser (Safari, Chrome or DuckDuckGo) its there. it's also showing up on the desktop app for my work computer. 

this is incredibly strange.

I have the same issue!!!

Suggested posts